which public places are ok to wear raincoats in

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jackstrapped

Re: which public places are ok to wear raincoats in

Post by jackstrapped »

As I said, if it's classy and you carry it well, it always works. She rarely wore her SBR's in the rain; but in the sun she looked (and was) hot!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Anywhere and everywhere especially if its raining, maybe on a 27c hot sunny day it might look strange to be buttoned up but common sense will prevail x
Lets get swishy!
capefetish

Post by capefetish »

Where to wear your coat? Anywhere you please! If you draw some attention, so what. It's your choice and they don't control your choices. Me, I wear my leather coats, and capes anywhere I feel like it. If it's raining I know that one of my rain capes will keep me dry, and I feel great wearing it.

Stop worrying about what others think, and enjoy yourself!
delboy

Post by delboy »

I agree with all the recent posts.

My wife and I have worn our black shiny PVC raincoats for many years as we go about our daily life.

On a recent visit to Alnwick Castle and Gardens, a group of ladies complimented us on our choice of rainwear and were quite envious of the way the rain ran off our coats, compared with their gortex jackets. If it is raining heavily I usually also wear my matching trousers when going for a walk.

Delboy
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

totally agree with bill-p , if it looks as if it might rain , or is raining , then wear your mackintosh with pride and keep comfortably dry , snug , and smug as you see other people in soggy ordinary clothes , and if other people are looking at you it is probably because they are thinking " wish i had one of those "
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

It's ok to wear a raincoat anywhere,as long as there is rain or the threat of rain. Certainly not in this hot weather though! As much as I enjoy wearing plastic/pvc, I draw the line at wearing my rainwear in the heat!