Films, TV and music

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvculike

Films, TV and music

Post by pvculike »

Its a subject that comes up regular with a lot of contributions. Wondering whether admin could create a section dedicated to this so that all clips are kept in one space? or maybe one for films and TV and one for music?

Thinking about it, its probably a lot of work!

gaz
travis28

Re: Films, TV and music

Post by travis28 »

I agree, great idea.
SBRandboots

Post by SBRandboots »

One film that has not been mentioned on this forum is the classic French film "La Bete Humaine" loosely based on the novel by Emile Zola. It is a black and white film from 1938 (with English sub-titles) directed by Jean Renoir and starring Jean Gabin as a locomotive driver and Simone Simon. The scenes featuring steam locomotives are certainly worth watching, but halfway through the film (It lasts 98 minutes) there is a scene with the two stars dressed in SBR mackintoshes involved in a passionate encounter. The outcome is left to the viewer's imagination, but one critic described the film as "subtly erotic". A DVD is now available on Amazon, but I have a video tape with a picture of the Jean Gabin and Simone Simon dressed in SBR mackintoshes on the cover of the box. This picture can be viewed, together with others, if you search under Google for "La Bete Humaine".
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Just had a quick look courtesy of Google Images. I think the subsequent shot of a stream of water gushing from the end of a pipe into a bucket prompts the viewer's imagination somewhat!