Black rubber mackintosh

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Miker_uk

Black rubber mackintosh

Post by Miker_uk »

spitfire617

Re: Black rubber mackintosh

Post by spitfire617 »

Very nice indeed
Rives

Post by Rives »

Very smart Mike. Similar to my first ever Mac as a child!!!
Miker_uk

Post by Miker_uk »

Rives wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:29 pm Very smart Mike. Similar to my first ever Mac as a child!!!
Thanks! I had one as a child then another bought for me by my grandmother when I was 16 - she wanted me to have a "proper mackintosh".
Rives

Post by Rives »

Miker_uk wrote: June 5th, 2019, 8:23 pm
Rives wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:29 pm Very smart Mike. Similar to my first ever Mac as a child!!!
Thanks! I had one as a child then another bought for me by my grandmother when I was 16 - she wanted me to have a "proper mackintosh".
A very sensible grandmother!!! Just like my sensible mother. She called them mackintoshes too!!!

I should add that this was the first Mac I can remember when I was around 6 years of age. There were probably earlier ones but that black Mac was memorable but not for good reasons at the time .
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

What a sight to behold first thing in the morning when I switch on my computer. I've said before in other replies that it was such a mackintosh as this that started me loving rubber. I was 3/4 years old when my brother had one bought him by an aunt, along with a souwester. I used to to bury my face in it and stroke it all over. We also had a childrens home nearby and all the kids wore them. I used to love to be walking in the same direction and follow as close as I could watching all the creases of their tightly belted mackintoshes and wellingtons.
As I got older the sight of a motorcyclist in theirs along with wellingtons was always too much as I used to go home and wank.
Now look what you've done for me this morning Mike !!!!!!
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

Superb black rubber mac,with wellies and souwester...perfect for walks...especially in the rain.
I have a similar weathervain Sbr which I love wearing in the rain.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

"Weather or Not" mackintoshes were excellent. Mr Vane put an enormous amount of effort into obtaining the right balance of shiny/smooth finish in his SBR material. I recall that some buyers had their single-texture mackintoshes made up with the intended rubber lining on the outside.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I had a fawn rubberised cotton mackintosh from Weather or Not which served me well for many years. It was very lightweight but extremely weather proof and the rubber lining was exquisite when worn over a suit (birthday type).
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I was just about to say no way must be worn over a suit !!!