'Pakamac' Bus!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

'Pakamac' Bus!

Post by plasphil »

While doing some research on a 'non fetish' subject, I found that in 1959 Pakamac converted an old London double decker bus to a mobile showroom for touring the UK. Presumably with a display of their raincoats, how big was their range and did they make any type other than plastic? I believe it lasted 2-3 years and may have gone onto the continent? Just in case anyone's interested, it was RT73-FXT 248
Now there's an idea for Gary!

Phil
Kinky-In-Scotland

Re: 'Pakamac' Bus!

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

plasphil wrote: April 10th, 2019, 5:59 pm While doing some research on a 'non fetish' subject, I found that in 1959 Pakamac converted an old London double decker bus to a mobile showroom for touring the UK. Presumably with a display of their raincoats, how big was their range and did they make any type other than plastic? I believe it lasted 2-3 years and may have gone onto the continent? Just in case anyone's interested, it was RT73-FXT 248
Now there's an idea for Gary!

Phil
Lol, A bus full of raincoats, 2 of my hobbies rolled into one, if Gaz was to think about it I hope he would go for a Volvo B55 Ailsa!!
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Ah, one of Irvine's finest machines but where would he find one of those these days? Probably have to settle for an ex Stagecoach Trident!

Phil.
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

I would be willing to be the bus driver as long as I could wear a shiny pvc uniform. Better cover the drivers seat in pvc as well, lol.