80's Aussie soap - raincoat dress!

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
plasphil

80's Aussie soap - raincoat dress!

Post by plasphil »

Came across this video while searching for something else, as you do! A 1980's Aussie soap with a scene featuring a girl in what is clearly a yellow plastic raincoat as a belted dress. Runs from 23.00 to 27.20

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xw1h8nwB8
rainwear-experience

Re: 80's Aussie soap - raincoat dress!

Post by rainwear-experience »

Nutty but nice? Thanks Phil

You weren't looking for the episode of Home & Away that featured a female in a yellow see-thru mac where you?
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

No, didn't know about that one? There used to be a clip on YT of Isla Fisher in a see through green raincoat in Home and Away. I'm also looking for the scene from Neighbours where Susan wears a PVC raincoat (yellow?) to school to save her getting messy as it's something called 'Muckup day'. I also remember one of the nurses in Young Doctors wearing an unusual clear PVC raincoat in a couple of scenes. I'm sure there are other Aussie soap moments out there and no doubt some from British ones as well.

Phil.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Phil, I'm not sure why you say it is 'clearly a yellow plastic raincoat'. Dresses have been made out of pvc (PUL and others still do). There is nothing to suggest it was originally intended to be a raincoat (no epaulettes, no storm flap).
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Here's another scene with the same yellow raincoat being worn as a raincoat! She also wears a red rain hat and it appears a man in the background is wearing a pakamac? Starts at 19.45 but only for about 20 seconds

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGS97Jd3GU
rainwear-experience

plasphil wrote: February 6th, 2019, 2:29 pm No, didn't know about that one? There used to be a clip on YT of Isla Fisher in a see through green raincoat in Home and Away. I'm also looking for the scene from Neighbours where Susan wears a PVC raincoat (yellow?) to school to save her getting messy as it's something called 'Muckup day'. I also remember one of the nurses in Young Doctors wearing an unusual clear PVC raincoat in a couple of scenes. I'm sure there are other Aussie soap moments out there and no doubt some from British ones as well.

Phil.
The name of the actress is Emily Symons and she played Marilyn Chambers / Marilyn Fisher in 1,770 episodes of Home & Away

Might be a bit tricky to find :D
Domino

Post by Domino »

plasphil wrote: February 6th, 2019, 4:53 pm Here's another scene with the same yellow raincoat being worn as a raincoat! She also wears a red rain hat and it appears a man in the background is wearing a pakamac? Starts at 19.45 but only for about 20 seconds

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGS97Jd3GU
Well, she's certainly wearing it as a raincoat in that scene. I suppose that was the era when the coat-dress was fashionable. The unanswered question is - is it a coat being worn as a dress or a dress being worn as a coat? It would have saved the wardrobe department a bit, anyway. :lol:
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Why mention Emily Simons, never saw her in a raincoat in Home and Away or Emmerdale?

This is one of the Isla Fisher clips, I believe there is another scene which I have yet to find. Starts at 3.45 to 5.30

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GYtkH9wDM
rainwear-experience

plasphil wrote: February 6th, 2019, 8:36 pm Why mention Emily Simons, never saw her in a raincoat in Home and Away or Emmerdale?

This is one of the Isla Fisher clips, I believe there is another scene which I have yet to find. Starts at 3.45 to 5.30

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GYtkH9wDM
Ooops sorry, I thought it might help if anyone wanted to do some research
Domino

Post by Domino »

Also, Phil, (I hope you won't take umbrage if I say this) but you seem to be confusing the name of Emily Symons, who was in 'Home and Away' and 'Emmerdale' with that of Emily Simons, who was in 'Eastenders'. They are two different actresses.