Anyone here from Florida?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
staggy

Anyone here from Florida?

Post by staggy »

I have spent a lot of time in Florida in the last 20 years and have just returned from another trip there this week. I went into the Taget store looking for the obvious raincoats but predicatibly didnt find any. But I also didnt find any raincoats anywhere other than the cheap ponchos. I know Florida is the `Sunshine State` but i also know from experience that it can be a very wet place! Anyone have any tips for next time i go?
paulge666

Re: Anyone here from Florida?

Post by paulge666 »

I have been to Florida a lot too and in general, good raincoats are hard to come by in USA. In Orlando I go to the Bass Pro Shop on International Drive - this chain seems to sell the most rainwear in USA, and I have bought a few nice cagoules from here. Think there are other Bass Pro Shops in Florida, just that I usually go to Orlando. Hope this helps next time you go!
staggy

Post by staggy »

Thanks! Im sure ill have a look! Ive heard of Bass pro shops lots of times but never been in 1
pvclovr78

Post by pvclovr78 »

I live in Florida
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I don't live in Florida, and Thank Heavens for that, but buying mackintoshes here isn't easy as the people have a "fetish" for having wet knees.

So my buying is done at Weathervain or Hamilton Classics both of which are in the UK.
merv

Post by merv »

pvclovr78 wrote: January 5th, 2019, 5:30 pm I live in Florida
how useful to know, don't suppose you would care to contribute to the thread on where to buy rainwear in Florida in that case
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

merv wrote: January 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm
pvclovr78 wrote: January 5th, 2019, 5:30 pm I live in Florida
how useful to know, don't suppose you would care to contribute to the thread on where to buy rainwear in Florida in that case
Steady Merv, you dont want to upset the natives

Maybe there should be a 'I live in Florida' subgroup :)
pvclovr78

Post by pvclovr78 »

Found a great place to buy rainwear but it's overseas but is mailed fast and received fast was very impressed
pvclovr78

Post by pvclovr78 »