perfect weather

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
HeatherlovesPVC

perfect weather

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

Yesterday in Edinburgh it was positively precipitating and windy but as I was working I couldn't get all dressed up to go out and about wearing some of my lovely shiny PVC rainwear.
Since I work outside I was wearing a showerproof works jacket which is about as much use at keeping out the rain as a paper bag, we do have heavy hi-vis jackets but it was to warm to wear that so I got wet.
However the weather did bring out some wonderful lovely rain jackets and coats. I spotted three beautiful hooded jackets, two navy blue and one red, all the wearers had their hoods up and they looked so protected from the inclemnt weather that I was quite jealous.
At one point the sun came out so we had sunshine, heavy rain and wind all at the same time and I spotted an absolutely stunning 3/4 length hooded shiny black Mac whose proud wearer had teamed with high gloss black wellingtons approaching. As they approached I could see the sunlight reflecting of the coat as the wearer was battered by the wind and as they passed I culd hear that wonderful rustling you get from a good quality PVC coat, oh it was bliss.
Now my point is I work in that area quite a lot and have never seen these coats/jackets before so is there a legion of ladies who only wear their shiny PVC coats/jackets in really inclement weather for fear of being thought 'kinky' if they wear them at other times or were some of them males taking the opportunity to go out 'dressed' with little chance of being spotted?
Whatever the reason it really cheered me up to see so many wonderful jackets/coats in the one day and if you were one of these wearers or class yourself as a 'really inclement weather' wearer, please please don't restrict your enjoyment to the few really terrible days but be proud and wear your rainwear with pride.

Heather

P.S. When I got home it had stopped raining but I put on my shiny blue Top Shop jacket, teamed it with my glossy blue Hunters and took myself of for a walk round the park.......hood up. ;) ;)
Rubberrainwear

Re: perfect weather

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I was in Edinburgh last new years eve to welcome in the new year. I was stood just off Princes Street. I wore my long SBR trench coat . It wasn't raining but it was cold . For all the people there, no one had a mac on weather it was pvc, sbr or satin lined rubber. We're do they all go ? A few days after new year I was again wearing SBR this time a Black Diamond jacket with the hood up because it was raining hard, again I was the only one wearing decent rainwear. Come on Edinburgh, put your pvc, sbr, rubber rainwear on and go for a walk. It's only because we don't see this rainwear often enough that make people concerned about wearing it, if more people were to go out in it then it would become more popular.
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

Rubberrainwear wrote: November 30th, 2018, 2:04 pm I was in Edinburgh last new years eve to welcome in the new year. I was stood just off Princes Street. I wore my long SBR trench coat . It wasn't raining but it was cold . For all the people there, no one had a mac on weather it was pvc, sbr or satin lined rubber. We're do they all go ? A few days after new year I was again wearing SBR this time a Black Diamond jacket with the hood up because it was raining hard, again I was the only one wearing decent rainwear. Come on Edinburgh, put your pvc, sbr, rubber rainwear on and go for a walk. It's only because we don't see this rainwear often enough that make people concerned about wearing it, if more people were to go out in it then it would become more popular.
Hi Rubberrainwear
Quite agree with your comments
Come on all of you lovers of rainwear, don't just admire from a distance, go out and get a coat or jacket and wear it proudly. Let's bring these wonderful materials to the masses so here's a wee ditty to live by
WHETHER IT'S SHINY OR MATT, LET'S ALL GET A MAC

Oh one more thing we don't have New Years Eve in Edinburgh we have Hogmanay
Heather
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Hi, looking forward to tonight as there is rain in the forecast, i will be watching the forecast to see when it is predicted to start so I can spend as long out in the rain as possible, i think tonight it will be my red pu mac from pvc-u-like and my navy blue leather skirt, and so not to get wet feet it will have to be a pair of Wellington boots, can't wait for the rain to start so i can get wet.
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Vxr 15 wrote: November 30th, 2018, 5:35 pm Hi, looking forward to tonight as there is rain in the forecast, i will be watching the forecast to see when it is predicted to start so I can spend as long out in the rain as possible, i think tonight it will be my red pu mac from pvc-u-like and my navy blue leather skirt, and so not to get wet feet it will have to be a pair of Wellington boots, can't wait for the rain to start so i can get wet.
So I went out this morning at 4 am and only got about 100 yards from the house when I heard the rain start to hit my hood, i made my way along the road and the rain continued to fall getting slightly heavier as I walked along, after about an hour it then started to fall a little heavier and more consistent, after being out for about 2 hours it was a nice steady rain, i went into the local shop to get a drink and something to eat and the lady who served me passed a nice comment about the coat i was wearing. After 3 hours the heaven's really opened and the rain came down really hard and so I was getting nice and wet by now, i was also seeing other people at this time but hardly any of them were wearing rain coats as I was, i think in the next few hours of being out i probably only saw 3 or 4 ladies in proper rain coats, after 6 hours the rain decreased and i went in feeling rather wet, good morning though.