My life in rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
susanmacintosh

My life in rainwear

Post by susanmacintosh »

Being a newcomer to this site I thought I'd take the opportunity it gave me to relive my experiences with rainwear since I first discovered the joy of mackintoshes. My first memory of rainwear was when I was about 5 and I had to wear a shiny blue mackintosh which was lined with rubber. Paradoxically, given how my tastes would develop later, I did not like wearing this mac at all. It was only when I was about 12 that I discovered my love of macs. In those days many people wore those delightful pacamacs, and this was true of many of the boys and some of the masters at my secondary school. I soon became fascinated by these delightful garments and longed to have one of my own tom wear. However, I was to be frustrated in this as no matter how much I hinted I should have one my father never bought me one. Of course I could not be to insistent as I thought he would think it strange of me to be so keen to have one. To me they were much more than a raincoat, but objects of sexual arousal.
My daddy did have a grey plastic mac of his own, and as soon as I had the chance I had stripped off and had slipped on that delightfully soft plastic on to my naked skin. It felt wonderful, the cool plastic against my flesh, the way it floated around me as I moved about. Naturally it was not very long before the thrill of wearing that mackintosh caused me to have my first ever ejaculation. I had spread the mac out on my bed and as soon as I lay down on it I felt this spurt of sticky liquid gush from my erect penis on to the fabulous sensual plastic material. Of course I was now regularly masturbating, wearing daddy's mac whenever possible.
Shortly after this I also discovered the delights of cross dressing, and just like my discovery of rainwear fetishism, my transvestitism came to me completely naturally. They were both intrinsic parts of my character and of course it was doubly delightful when I could combine them. As well as daddy's pacamac, I also had a plastic raincoat which had belonged to my late mummy. Whereas daddy's was semi-transparent mummy's was a sport of pear grey textured one, belted and buttoned. Oh! what bliss when I was alone in the flat and could slip into that wonderfully swish garment!
Although I adored wearing a plastic mac, this was still a frustrating time for me. This was the 1960s which was something of a golden age for rainwear. Plastic macs were widely worn and now those lovely rustling nylon raincoats were becoming more popular. also, of course, this was when PVC became fashion able not only in raincoats but also in skirts and dresses. So there I was surrounded in the street, on T V, in newspapers and magazines by delightful mackintoshes of all sorts, but I could not buy them for myself. I had two sisters at home but neither of them possessed at that time any interesting rainwear. Also I was living in Richmond at that time, home to that wonderful rainwear shop, Weather Vain, and every day going home from school I would have to pass the shop, and be tantilised by the sight of those marvelous garments displayed in their window. (I would more than make up for the frustration of this in later years, but more about that later.) Everywhere I would see plastic or nylon raincoats out of my reach. In the big stores like Woolworths they would have racks of mackintoshes on display, and occasionally, greatly daring I would let my fingers slide over the soft plastic as I passed. Then in other smaller shops often they would display neatly folded plastic or nylon macs on the floor in the windows, and I would steal a quick glance as I walked by. Then again you would often see a neatly folded plastic mac on the back shelf of a car parked in the street. And of course there were also mail order catalogues which would have lovely photos of models in various raincoats.
I shall finish for now but if anyone is interested in hearing more I shall continue with my saga and how I finally got to possess some mackintoshes of my own.
Taffmac

Re: My life in rainwear

Post by Taffmac »

Hello Susan, I really enjoyed reading this. It could have been written by myself. It seems that your early experiences were very similar to my own. Your father's grey plastic mac would have been my sister's pale blue plastic mac. I, too, recall how frustrating it was to see so many see-through plastic macs in the shops and being worn but afraid that someone would catch me even giving them a quick glance as, at the time, I thought that I was the only person in the world who had an obsession with that material. Unlike yourself, I never transitioned from plastic to nylon but for me, the attraction of see-through plastic is as strong now as it was in the 1950's.

I hope that you continue with your saga as I would lover hear more, especially when plastic macs are involved.
Rives

Post by Rives »

What a lovely read Susan. Please keep sharing. Not quite the same for me but I recognise the bit about hating to wear one initially
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Rives wrote: November 7th, 2018, 6:15 am I recognise the bit about hating to wear one initially
It was the same for me too.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Resonates strongly with me, too. And, of course, in baby boom years of the 50's and 60's almost every other washing line in our suburban street had its regular contingent of plastic pants-clear for the boys, sometimes coloured or frilly coated for the girls.
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

Yes I would love to hear more from your mackintosh memories. Being a rubber mackintosh lover I have visited Weather Vain and it was far better than being a kid in a sweet shop.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

My own interest began in the mid 60s when I was bought a plastic pakamac to wear ona wet day on holiday. I would have been about 9 at the time. It wasonly when we got home that I began to enjoy wearing it. I remember putting it on one day to go out with my mother. It was a disappointment when she said I didn't need to wear it that day as it was a sunny day. I wonder ifshe noticed my disappointment!
Later on I also had a navy blue gaberdine, which I also loved wearing. Sometimes I would go to my bedroom and put raincoats on. It was maybe around this timeI got certain stirrings! Certainly around 13/14 I began to masturbate in my gaberdine. Not much later I got into nylon macs and cagoules, whish also excited me.
Fora number of years I didn't haveany rainwear,but loved to see women wearing PVC and plastic, especially in the early 1980s. I would have loved to wear PVC but probably there was only womens coats around. I worked with a girl who wore a long raincoat, and would liked to have tried it on, but she would have thought it odd no doubt.
Its only recently when I got a computer that I discovered PUL and Weathervian in Kew. I did have a couple of their long PVC macs for a while. Unfortunately the last one tore when I wore it in bed to keep warm last winter. It's okif anyone is worried about the plastic waste problem,I found out it could be recycled!
My next foray into the PVC world will be tol get a unisex PVC cagoule from PUL, hopefully in the new year.
I am pleased to have found this site a while ago. Until then I thought I was the only person to have this "thing"about rainwear.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

One of the (many) good things about this Forum is that contributors can feel free to "open up" about matters they have previously felt obliged to keep to themselves. In situations (living at home as an adolescent for example) where discretion is required at all times, one of the (again many) good things about plastic and rubber materials is the "protection" they provide when "sticky things" come into play. There is a lot to be said for wipecleanability
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

Yes and plastic rainwear can be truly "safe sex" as well! Like most of the contributors I was stimulated at an early age by smooth noisy plastic rainwear that I wore. A clear rain jacket was necessary for biking to school in our rainy area of the world. Everyone wore them.
susanmacintosh

Post by susanmacintosh »

From Susan Macintosh. Oh! thank you all for your very encouraging replies to my post about my life in rainwear. So interesting to hear about other peoples experiences and how they were close to my. I shall definitely continue with my tale as soon as as I can. Love to you all, Susan Macintosh. :D