Rainy lunch hour

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bill_P

Rainy lunch hour

Post by Bill_P »

Fairly steady rain started right around noon, so I took the opportunity to go for a stroll through our downtown & do a little browsing/window shopping. I got to wear my new RAINS clear knee length raincoat for the first time, paired with my Burberry nova check Wellies & matching laminated polyester rain hat. I’m happier than ever with this new purchase. It’s pretty thick glass clear polyurethane with milky translucent white trim on the collar & pockets, and the plastic has a slightly rubbery feel to it. And when you walk in it, it makes wonderful squeaking and crackling sounds. It does a great job keeping out the rain, but despite the arm vents I found myself sweating in this coat more than any others I’ve ever owned. The Burberry hat & Wellies complement the coat well, but it would probably look better with glossy accessories given that the material has such a nice sheen to it. Once again I received lots of compliments from the older ladies, and once again no other good rainwear sightings other than looking in a mirror.
TStorm56

Re: Rainy lunch hour

Post by TStorm56 »

Thanks for sharing Bill

About two weeks ago after one of my college night classes got out I had to made the trek across campus back to my car in a massive downpour. I wore my yellow friesennerz raincoat. It was my first time wearing it out in public. The bottom part of my shorts that weren't covered by the coat were soaked and so were the shoes I was wearing! Roughly a minute after I got into my car the rain died down so the timing was perfect. It was a great experience and I hope it happens again.

Unfortunately there were no compliments for me, just other students running to get out of the torrential downpour!
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Should have brought Wellies to avoid those wet shoes!
Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule »

Wore my retro neon yellow runners point (kway made) nylon cagoule today in the rain and got a few compliments on how suitable it was for the weather here, big storm!

Saw loads of pvc short macs with stripey insides to the hoods, all sorts of colours bekng worn but yellow and blues ones most popular.

Saw one black shiney long mac looked new and lots of flowery cagoules and rain parkas.

Wonderful day for rainwear spotting.
Shaunyrainwear69

Post by Shaunyrainwear69 »

I love being out in public in my rainwear. I usually drive to work in my yellow blue reversible raincoat with my hood tied very tightly smoking a long ladies cigarette. I do get the looks and love it.