Glossy Trenchcoats this Winter

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
paula_gee

Glossy Trenchcoats this Winter

Post by paula_gee »

Just reading from those fashion Guru's, that the 'Glossy Trenchcoat' is a must have this coming winter, so hopefully we will see more of these around, both in the shops, and being worn.
I guess this will add a premium to the cost of such, but at least my Trusty Rainmac Carnaby collection of shiny PVC Macs will be in fashion hopefully.

So if any are spotted for sale etc, lets have them posted here, thanks

Paula xxx
HeatherlovesPVC

Re: Glossy Trenchcoats this Winter

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

I've spotted a few glossy trenchcoats lately, 2 blue, 1 red and a gloriously shiny black one today, I also spotted a glossy black fishtail style parka last week, hopefully the trend will continue.
I also quite like the matt pastel coloured jackets that are popular, they seem to have a bit weight and structure so they hang really nicely, they also feel really nice a smooth and quite slippery............ here's hoping that the makers branch out to making these in nice shiny primary colours......... and of course in wonderful BLACK :roll: :roll: :oops:
paula_gee

Post by paula_gee »

Yes, they seem to be back this winter, together with the shiny 'Puffa' coats as well.

This year we have also seen the return of the plastic mac.
Brought this one a couple of months ago, a bit pricey, but had a 25% voucher, so made it alittle more reasonable

https://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/printed ... Print,size:

Paula xxx
Shinytrench1

Post by Shinytrench1 »

And there's definitely a yellow shiny jacket trend this Autumn - like this one ! (Maybe inspired by Faith's coat in Keeping Faith on BBCONE. ) https://m.asos.com/rains/rains-waterpro ... lstyles=60
paula_gee

Post by paula_gee »

Current offerings at Sainsburys TU Clothing

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/G ... chProduct=

They are also doing a Shiny PVC Navy short raincoat, although now out of stock, our store had them on the rails this evening

Paula xxx
HeatherlovesPVC

paula_gee wrote: October 8th, 2018, 7:23 pm Current offerings at Sainsburys TU Clothing

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/G ... chProduct=

They are also doing a Shiny PVC Navy short raincoat, although now out of stock, our store had them on the rails this evening

Paula xxx
Hi Paula
The GFW Black Vinyl-Effect Trench Coat is really lovely, it reminds me of the coats I fell in love with in the 60's/70's and which started my love of all things black and shiny. It's got some really nice stiching details and I especially love the storm vent.
You already mentioned that there were shiny 'puffa' coats and jackets out there, but although they are alright they don't really work for me, I know they are black and shiny but the reflection you get of the material is ruined by the stitching.
Give me a lady, or a passable TV wearing a tightly belted traditional glossy mac/trenchcoat/MacIntosh any day. :roll:
Heather XXX
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

The lovely Simplybe PVC Mac , looks just nice for a sissy TV, the Sainsbury Mac , would love in shiny Vinyl
paula_gee

Post by paula_gee »

The Simpy Be Plastic Mac, is proving popular, seen these being worn on a number of occasions now, mostly younger ladies, but have also seen a lovely Mature lady wearing one in our local cancer Research Charity Shop in the past week, and how it fitted her well !!!
Heather, im with you on the Puffa jackets, not for me either, however about 2 years ago Tesco's had some lovely shiny PVC Macs, short, in Navy and Red, of which i brought one of each, and have to say the Red is always the one i choose to wear, and has stood the time, lovely

Paula xxx
HeatherlovesPVC

paula_gee wrote: October 13th, 2018, 2:41 pm The Simpy Be Plastic Mac, is proving popular, seen these being worn on a number of occasions now, mostly younger ladies, but have also seen a lovely Mature lady wearing one in our local cancer Research Charity Shop in the past week, and how it fitted her well !!!
Heather, im with you on the Puffa jackets, not for me either, however about 2 years ago Tesco's had some lovely shiny PVC Macs, short, in Navy and Red, of which i brought one of each, and have to say the Red is always the one i choose to wear, and has stood the time, lovely

Paula xxx
I remember these, I got a navy one and still enjoy wearing it.

Heather xx
paula_gee

Post by paula_gee »

Yes, they wear well as i said, and the number of people, mostly female, who enquire where i bought it from.