Yesterday's Guardian.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
WealdenMac

Yesterday's Guardian.

Post by WealdenMac »

A little something from yesterday's MSM. My-rubber-fetish-has-enriched-my-life.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ed-my-life
rubberdee

Re: Yesterday's Guardian.

Post by rubberdee »

Brilliant, well spotted.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Good to see this being discussed in a mainstream publication. I couldn't help but notice the paragraph which points out that other forms of unconventional sexuality are more tolerated, fetishism is not.I can't think why this should be in an age when we are encouraged to show more tolerance towards each other.
kinkycumbria

Post by kinkycumbria »

seems like my life too but sadly wife no longer goes along with it
Smooth and shiny

Post by Smooth and shiny »

I suppose that having a "thing" about rainwear is a relatively mild form of fetish anyway.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Rainworshipper wrote: September 24th, 2018, 9:02 am Good to see this being discussed in a mainstream publication. I couldn't help but notice the paragraph which points out that other forms of unconventional sexuality are more tolerated, fetishism is not.I can't think why this should be in an age when we are encouraged to show more tolerance towards each other.
I think that this has broadly remained the case since the '60's. I had some interesting exchanges with Guardian fashion editors back in the day who were clearly au fait with the subject and alluded to our "thing" in their rainwear-related columns. But whilst other forms of "unconventional sexuality" now feature regularly in mainstream television drama for example, I have to go back to that opening episode of "Take Three Girls" with Susan Jameson in yellow PVC for anything like an open depiction of mackintosh fetishism and that was still very much of the "nudge, wink, say no more" variety.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

WealdenMac wrote: September 24th, 2018, 9:55 am
Rainworshipper wrote: September 24th, 2018, 9:02 am Good to see this being discussed in a mainstream publication. I couldn't help but notice the paragraph which points out that other forms of unconventional sexuality are more tolerated, fetishism is not.I can't think why this should be in an age when we are encouraged to show more tolerance towards each other.
I think that this has broadly remained the case since the '60's. I had some interesting exchanges with Guardian fashion editors back in the day who were clearly au fait with the subject and alluded to our "thing" in their rainwear-related columns. But whilst other forms of "unconventional sexuality" now feature regularly in mainstream television drama for example, I have to go back to that opening episode of "Take Three Girls" with Susan Jameson in yellow PVC for anything like an open depiction of mackintosh fetishism and that was still very much of the "nudge, wink, say no more" variety.
Do you mean that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QvEPubul-E
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

The very one, thanks. It was lovely to exchange "good mornings" with the estimable Miss Jameson and Mr James Bolam in Petworth earlier this year