Shorter Waders?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcluver

Shorter Waders?

Post by pvcluver »

Hi
Does anybody know where I can get some waders (or higher wellingtons) that go above the knee, but not up to the groin?

I wear my, just below the knee, Helly Hansen pvc raincoat for walking the dog but, unless I wear overtrousers as well when it's raining a fair amount, the wind blows the bottom of the raincoat aside (and the water drips off the bottom of the coat) which means that I end up sopping wet from above the knee downwards

Ideally, some waders that go a couple of inches above the knee (say 27 inches or so in height) would be great but the only ones I can find are 'Storm Kings' (maybe made by LaCrosse) from the US which means they'll end up very expensive with shipping & import duties
Zeesenboot

Re: Shorter Waders?

Post by Zeesenboot »

I know your problem very well because I also wear long raincoats for everyday activities. Finally I bought a long coat from Guy Cotton which can be closed more than other coats.
The only short waders I know about were once made by Tretorn and AFAIK are called "Tretorn Arbeitsmann". Sometimes they appear on the German Ebay.
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

Thanks for the advice, will have look there
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

If you are still looking, Hunter did some over-the-knee / short waders called "ostens" but I don't know if they made them in both make and female sizes
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

Try Acquos
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

Don't those look rather obviously different from wellies? I think what the OP was looking for was less conspicuous. Though Acquos do look cute, if that's what floats your boat :-)
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

Hi MuddyKatie
Thanks for the info. I've had a look on the Hunters website and they don't seem to have any longer wellies in men's sizes so I guess I'll maybe have to try Ebay
I ordered a long AJ pvc raincoat from Waterproofs4You so might wait and see if the longer length resolves my problem
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

my memory is that they were about 6 in above the knee, but don't know if they ever made them for men
mmboots

Post by mmboots »

Hello to all!

Superga is producing short waders which are not that tall. The waders stop above the knees. The modell nr is 7566-rbrm:

https://www.superga.com/mobile/de/gende ... 000750?a=0
mason

Post by mason »

I usually just wear waterproof rainpants under my rainwear if its really wet :) And rainboots too