Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
wetlookslicker

Re: Mackintosh

Post by wetlookslicker »

We live in a time of increasing inequality, it’s easier to blame a minority than change ourselves and in doing so change the world for the better. I’m a transgender person , I like wearing a Mackintosh it’s makes me feel pretty, hopefully we can use this forum to educate each other, and respect everyone, and slowly stamp out the rise of right wing escapism that is once again on the rise
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

Here, here!
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

Thank you Sophie-Cagoule. I think most of us on here would agree with your sentiment, and that such comments should indeed be made unwelcome. Free speech must, of course, be upheld, but when bigoted, misguided views, designed to hurt are in the mix, we should be asking serious questions of the perpetrator.
Shinytrench1

Post by Shinytrench1 »

I agree that the word 'Mac' is very sexy - more so than 'mackintosh'. But I also think the word 'raincoat' is a major turn-on - anyone agree?
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

It makes me happy to see these positive comments, knowing that others out there share this passion for rainwear, whatever word we use.
Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule »

Exactly!
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

Sophie-Cagoule wrote: September 17th, 2018, 10:37 am Whats wrong with trans folks wearing mac’s, Macintosh’s etc? Do you have something against us? If so I don’t think your welcome here. We are from all walks of life and transphobia, homophobia is not welcome!!!
As a heterosexual cross dresser and proud of it I quite agree with you Sophie, we are all here because we love rainwear and whether this is wearing it or admiring it or both, we all get enjoyment and pleasure through the wonderful materials, sounds and smells that are used to make this wonderful and practical article of clothing ......... and we all know what rhymes with Merv

Heather
merv

Post by merv »

HeatherlovesPVC wrote: September 18th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Sophie-Cagoule wrote: September 17th, 2018, 10:37 am Whats wrong with trans folks wearing mac’s, Macintosh’s etc? Do you have something against us? If so I don’t think your welcome here. We are from all walks of life and transphobia, homophobia is not welcome!!!
As a heterosexual cross dresser and proud of it I quite agree with you Sophie, we are all here because we love rainwear and whether this is wearing it or admiring it or both, we all get enjoyment and pleasure through the wonderful materials, sounds and smells that are used to make this wonderful and practical article of clothing ......... and we all know what rhymes with Merv

Heather
you don't know me, but if you want to start getting personal bring it on
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I think Merv, dear boy, that you have already bought this on yourself. Your misguided views and confrontational manner are anathema to people on this site, and you should therefore bow-out gracefully, and find yourself a group where your sort are tolerated.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Back in the day the word "mackintosh" was, of course, also commonly used to describe those brown rubber sheets then used to protect mattresses. So it was not uncommon for parents of young children arriving at, say, a boarding house to be asked, in their presence, "Does s/he still need a mackintosh sheet?"