Glossy wellies

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
SEWelly

Re: Glossy wellies

Post by SEWelly »

As a male I've got a couple of pairs of glossy wellies, including my absolute faves a pair of Gloss Violet Hunters. As some people have already said - why feel stereotyped into not wearing them - only if more people wear them will they become more accepted. And as Beth and Katie say - if you're boots are muddy enough who will be able to tell anyway!
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

I love them. I have gloss yellow Hunters which look great when squelching through mud. I hope to buy a latex catsuit in the new year and I think some gloss black Hunters would be perfect to wear with it.

Saltmarsh_Drifter

Mudlover74 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 8:48 am
MuddyKatie wrote: December 10th, 2017, 5:08 pm If your wellies are muddy enough, who'll know whether the are glossy or not? If they aren't muddy enough...well, solve that problem then repeat step 1 :-)
Love it....best quote ever...😁
Indeed. Sometimes my wellies have got so muddy not only could you not see what colour they are, you couldn't even tell what kind of wellies they were!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

Saltmarsh_Drifter wrote: December 25th, 2019, 8:45 pm I love them. I have gloss yellow Hunters which look great when squelching through mud. I hope to buy a latex catsuit in the new year and I think some gloss black Hunters would be perfect to wear with it.

what rain bib or pants is that?
Saltmarsh_Drifter

rainwearseeker wrote: December 26th, 2019, 1:30 pmwhat rain bib or pants is that?
Helly Hansen 'Nusfjord', now sadly discontinued.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Muddyquad88 wrote: November 27th, 2017, 11:15 pm What’s people thoughts on lads wearing coloured hunter wellies or other brands like hunter ?
Also lads wearing different colours of wellies that you probably wouldn’t see all the time ?
I don’t know if it’s just me being self conscious or if other people only wear certain colours when they are by them selves and not really in the public eye.
I love to wear any color boot! I would post a picture of my small collection however the damn Photobucket is still down. I do agree that social norms push boys to wear only black however we live in a new time: men and women pretty much wear what the want to wear anymore.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

MissRachel wrote: December 26th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Muddyquad88 wrote: November 27th, 2017, 11:15 pm What’s people thoughts on lads wearing coloured hunter wellies or other brands like hunter ?
Also lads wearing different colours of wellies that you probably wouldn’t see all the time ?
I don’t know if it’s just me being self conscious or if other people only wear certain colours when they are by them selves and not really in the public eye.
I love to wear any color boot! I would post a picture of my small collection however the damn Photobucket is still down. I do agree that social norms push boys to wear only black however we live in a new time: men and women pretty much wear what the want to wear anymore.
https://imgur.com/
Use that for photos on here
Just follow the instructions.