hunter boots made from scotland label

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwearseeker

hunter boots made from scotland label

Post by rainwearseeker »

so I have received yellow hunter boots that are soft like the hunter tours unlike the green ones which have the exact same "made in scotland" logo. did china made hunter boots have the "made in scotland" logo during the first year they were made there?
TStorm56

Re: hunter boots made from scotland label

Post by TStorm56 »

If they have the label that they were made in Scotland then they were made in Scotland...

Stay away from China made Hunter boots, the quality has taken a nose dive.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

the green ones are just as stiff as the gloss pairs that i have.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

the green ones are just as stiff as the gloss pairs that i have. i once got a yellow pair that i returned because they were too small and they had that stiff feel but said made in scotland on the lining.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

As far as I know the only Hunter boots that were actually made in Scotland were the ones that had the old-style "Gates Rubber" label (roughly before 2007 as I got my first pair of Hunters in the fall of '07 and they still had the old label, but they were too narrow in the calf so I exchanged them for a size up, and the pair I got in return had the modern logo on them and were clearly made in China).

Anyway, if you've never seen them before here's a link to what the old Hunter logo looked like:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Hunter-Mad ... 6419004ced
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

I have green ones with the old logo just like that, but they are more stiff like the modern hunters.