Searching - I give up!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
freakylover63

Re: Searching - I give up!

Post by freakylover63 »

what ever. as long as couldn't see, which are your photos, i can't do anything. of course i respect the work of you and others - that's the reason i share the pics, if i like them and if i think, other followers should see and share them, too.
PVCBond

Post by PVCBond »

freakylover63 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 10:07 am
Ray wrote: March 6th, 2018, 1:38 pm Yep, I agree lots of rainwear pics, some of them are mine and you have used them without permission, so if you can let me know where to send the invoice I'll let you know how much you owe me for their use
i only shared it from other users sites - maybe from yours. so you have to block the sharing option, if you don't want, that other users will share it.
Maybe you could of adknowledge where the images came from originally
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

freakylover63 wrote: March 8th, 2018, 3:41 pm what ever. as long as couldn't see, which are your photos, i can't do anything. of course i respect the work of you and others - that's the reason i share the pics, if i like them and if i think, other followers should see and share them, too.
If you respected the work of others then you'd just suppy a link to where you find them its easy to do, but you seem to be one of these people who dont put any effort into anything apart from the click of a mouse

If you are so interested in sharing then get off your backside, organise a shoot, book a model and publish your images not just leech from everyone else
rainwear-experience

PVCBond wrote: March 8th, 2018, 3:42 pm
Maybe you could of adknowledge where the images came from originally
He cant acknowledge where they came from because he doesn't know or care and cant be bothered to find out, he probably wears himself out clicking his mouse to add images to his 'website'

Maybe he thinks it makes him a hero to others, 'look at my website, lots of images you've seen 1000's of times before'
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Ray, I do not believe that Freakylover63 had any intention of infringing on your copyrights. He saw the images on Pinterest and decided to create Pinterest collections with the images he found that others had uploaded. There is no reason for the totally hostile attitude towards Freakylover63.

I wish you the best in your copyright enforcement endeavors.
rainwear-experience

TStorm56 wrote: March 8th, 2018, 9:11 pm Ray, I do not believe that Freakylover63 had any intention of infringing on your copyrights. He saw the images on Pinterest and decided to create Pinterest collections with the images he found that others had uploaded. There is no reason for the totally hostile attitude towards Freakylover63.

I wish you the best in your copyright enforcement endeavors.
I dont believe he did either but surely when it was brought to his attention the best way forward would have been to ask me which images were involved and offer to remove them, you never know I might have saved myself the bother of wading through his 'website' and said yes, I have let other members of the forum use images

Instead Freakylover63 tells me he has a right to do as he wants, he either doesn't understand copyright, chooses to ignore it or thinks it doesn't apply to him

Maybe if Freakylover63 had contributed more than a few clicks of his mouse to make his 'website' I would have been less 'hostile' the guy is so lazy and so quick to click his mouse he even has numerous copies of the same image on his 'website'

Maybe if you'd spent hours oganising photo shoots and producing images then you might be a little hostile when Mr Mouse-Clicker comes along

I've shared images on this forum and asked specifically for them not to be shared, within two days they had appeared elsewhere on the net

Anyway its in the hands of Pinterest now so they can decide like they have in the past
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Copyright is a big problem with me in the 'real world'. The bottom line is it is illegal to copy other peoples work without permission but there are far too many people out there who are ignorant of the fact and post pictures that are not theirs and call it 'sharing'. I believe the original idea was to post pictures you have taken so others can see them, not copied from what are obviously copyrighted websites. These sad people don't have any pictures of their own and just want to see their name in lights. The biggest problem is with many images how can you ever find who has the original and if you do how do they prove it with digital technology. I sell my work, much of which goes back to the last century and can prove the original is definitely mine, it's called a negative!

Phil
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

plasphil wrote: March 9th, 2018, 9:58 am Copyright is a big problem with me in the 'real world'. The bottom line is it is illegal to copy other peoples work without permission but there are far too many people out there who are ignorant of the fact and post pictures that are not theirs and call it 'sharing'. I believe the original idea was to post pictures you have taken so others can see them, not copied from what are obviously copyrighted websites. These sad people don't have any pictures of their own and just want to see their name in lights. The biggest problem is with many images how can you ever find who has the original and if you do how do they prove it with digital technology. I sell my work, much of which goes back to the last century and can prove the original is definitely mine, it's called a negative!

Phil
I agree with all those sentiments.
Most digital images now have the day date etc imprinted on them as I recall.
When you said your images date back to the last century my mind went back to the 19th century! Then I remembered we are now in the 21st one lol lol

Paul
rainwear-experience

Anyone who has been on this forum for a while will know this subject is, for me, like an itch I cannot scratch and I’m sure lots of people are bored with my ranting on the subject

I agree that trying to find the original owner of an image is virtually impossible but the only things you need to ask yourself are:

Does this image belong to me?

Or if not

Do I have permission to ‘share’ it?

If the answer to both questions is no, then you don’t share it, it’s not yours to share

When we sign up to Pinterest, Flickr etc they all have user agreements and they all ask users to respect the copyright and IP of others

I notice most of the people who are happy to ‘share’ other people’s work never seem to create anything themselves

It’s so much easier just to click a mouse than to buy a domain, find some hosting and create original content

Why do so many people just create accounts which are just carbon copies (showing my age now) of others, maybe as Phil says they “just want to see their name in lights”
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Ray wrote: March 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm Anyone who has been on this forum for a while will know this subject is, for me, like an itch I cannot scratch and I’m sure lots of people are bored with my ranting on the subject

I agree that trying to find the original owner of an image is virtually impossible but the only things you need to ask yourself are:

Does this image belong to me?

Or if not

Do I have permission to ‘share’ it?

If the answer to both questions is no, then you don’t share it, it’s not yours to share

When we sign up to Pinterest, Flickr etc they all have user agreements and they all ask users to respect the copyright and IP of others

I notice most of the people who are happy to ‘share’ other people’s work never seem to create anything themselves

It’s so much easier just to click a mouse than to buy a domain, find some hosting and create original content

Why do so many people just create accounts which are just carbon copies (showing my age now) of others, maybe as Phil says they “just want to see their name in lights”
What are "Carbon copies"??