Store for a sbr in London

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
ciré noir

Store for a sbr in London

Post by ciré noir »

Hi!
I live in Paris; the next month, I'm going to London for one day
My idea is to buy a sbr but before, I would like to try it
As Weathervain is closed, does anybody know store(s) in London for this purchase?
All my thanks
PS Sorry for my english
blackmacjay

Re: Store for a sbr in London

Post by blackmacjay »

The only thing I can suggest is to call Weathervain, and their number is on their website, and ask them if they can help.

I cannot speak for their hours but they do seem to want to help.
olympic

Post by olympic »

i dont know what type of sbr rubber rainwear you want, i personally like the yellow rubber rainwear, but check grainger, zoro or sustainable supply for sbr rubber. the prices are well under 100$ usd also check out RKD RUBBER, they sell all types of rainwear made from NATURAL RUBBER, their prices are quoted in USA DOLLARS, but also very reasonable.
ciré noir

Post by ciré noir »

olympic wrote: December 5th, 2017, 2:42 pm i dont know what type of sbr rubber rainwear you want, i personally like the yellow rubber rainwear, but check grainger, zoro or sustainable supply for sbr rubber. the prices are well under 100$ usd also check out RKD RUBBER, they sell all types of rainwear made from NATURAL RUBBER, their prices are quoted in USA DOLLARS, but also very reasonable.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=32741#
I would like a sbr as Weathervain sells; they are expensive and before buying one, I would like to try one
Many thanks for RKD RUBBER
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=32741# :)
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

olympic wrote: December 5th, 2017, 2:42 pm i dont know what type of sbr rubber rainwear you want, i personally like the yellow rubber rainwear, but check grainger, zoro or sustainable supply for sbr rubber. the prices are well under 100$ usd also check out RKD RUBBER, they sell all types of rainwear made from NATURAL RUBBER, their prices are quoted in USA DOLLARS, but also very reasonable.
Hi there Olympic,
I am interested in the Condor SBR raincoat. In one of your posts you say it is like the Weatherite. Unfortunately I have no experience of these. If you do not mind my asking, does it actually smell of rubber? and if so, to what extent? I understand (from Wikipedia) that SBR is actually a synthetic rubber. which is a bit confusing, as some manufacturers state "All our products are manufactured from NATURAL RUBBER" but advertise SBR coats.

I see that it should be possible to buy a Condor SBR coat from Zoro in the US and have it sent to UK via a site called myus.com. As far as I can see Zoro will not ship to UK direct.
maxulike

Post by maxulike »

PS Obviously anyone else who can answer my questions Re: Condor SBR coat, please do.
Thanks and thanks in advance to Olympic - I pressed the send button before I had finished.
olympic

Post by olympic »

just to let you know, i replied.........excellent choice in basic rubber rainwear..........weatherite?.......think of long yellow rubber raincoats worn by kids that where school patrolmen. CONDOR also are unisex raincoats so girls could and do wear them........the company that makes the condor brand is called rainco ltda. these raincoats are not lkie the trench coats etc............just basic yellow rubber raincoats with an awesome rubber smell........and priced well under 100$ usd. i live in the northeast usa and we get a lot of snow and rain........so these raincoats are used a lot.