Burberry Revisited

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jodie

Burberry Revisited

Post by jodie »

I visited Burberry in Selfridges yesterday and bought the pink soft touch plastic raincoat.I had decided I would wear my full length trenchcoat there so I could get the perfect fit and the raincoat could be worn over the top of it . As stocks were appearing to get quite low and I was having trouble locating small sizes on the web , I phoned Burberry and they reserved two for me . Arriving there I was greeted by their female staff who went to find the raincoats I had reserved.On returned the staff member had the two coats and I was shown into one of their private fitting rooms . First coat I tried on was a small size 8 over the trenchcoat but was too small , I then tried a size 10 over the trenchcoat and was the most perfect fit with the staff member looking me over to make sure . It was then suggest I took my trenchcoat off and tried on both coats again it which it did , the size 8 was ok but still small and the 10 was also very good so my decision was to buy the 10, in the end I must of tried the coats on about six times .Then slipping my coat back on the assistant started to show me how I should be wearing my trenchcoat with the belt tied round the back and buttoned at the front ,so I learnt a few things as well . Talking to the assistant it appears that men also go to the womens Burberry department to buy their raincoats quite often beacuse they fit better than the mens . So men out there dont be affraid to wear womens Burberry trencoats because its already happening including the red one.I now have to find a good excuse to take my husband back and get him fitted for a womens Burberry trenchcoat.
mactim

Re: Burberry Revisited

Post by mactim »

I just had a look at pink raincoat on the Burberry website and it looks amazing and what a good idea to wear it over your trench although i hope the plastic raincoat is longer than your trench? as I don't think it's a good look when the under mac is longer than the outer mac. Always good to get some different ideas as to how to wear a trench, the belt tied at the back is a good idea as you can make it quite tight and it can pull the front of raincoat in and make it look very smart. I've got several Burberry trench coats but I'm not sure that I want to buy a women's raincoat not because I have any inhibitions but just that I fear the sleeves and the shoulders etc may be too tight but I will give it a try! I'm sure that you don't need an excuse to take your husband back to the Burberry Shop!
jodie

Post by jodie »

You will be pleased to know that my pink raincoat is jus a little longer than my trenchcoat so its perfect look with the belt tied and the buttons on the trenchcoat fastened either side the look is fantastic.I was supprised when the staff at Burberry said they sell many raincoats to men because they fit better . There must be sizing issue there but my husband likes the idea of being fitted for a ladies trenchcoat but I am not sure how he will get on for wearing it out.
jodie

Post by jodie »

You will be pleased to know that my pink raincoat is jus a little longer than my trenchcoat so its perfect look with the belt tied and the buttons on the trenchcoat fastened either side the look is fantastic.I was supprised when the staff at Burberry said they sell many raincoats to men because they fit better . There must be sizing issue there but my husband likes the idea of being fitted for a ladies trenchcoat but I am not sure how he will get on for wearing it out.
Rives

Post by Rives »

How long is your mac Jodie? Jacket length? Full?

I do love the sense of being buttoned up by a helpful yet ever so slightly overbearing shop assistant 😁
jodie

Post by jodie »

The length of the pink raincoat is 41.3 or 105 cms just slightly longer than my trenchoat .Almost full length.
Rives

Post by Rives »

How lovely. I know what you mean about ladies fittings.... my Mum insisted I wore a ladies nylon pakamac while younger as it was longer in length than the equivalent boys mac
jodie

Post by jodie »

I returned the Burberry pink plastic raincoat back to them as after a week I decided that pink in a plastic raincoat did not suit me and my husband also disliked the colour , so I now have a Burberry gift card to the value that I can use anytime .Sadly no other colour choice for that coat . Perhaps next time I might go for a tradional trench coat from Burberry.
Rives

Post by Rives »

Yes I do like the tailored traditional Burberry mac best of all... buttoned to the neck also
joe

Post by joe »

SatinLinings21:

My typical everyday coat is one of my many London Fog raincoats, but I do own six Burberry raincoats. One is a rubberized Mac that I bought sometime ago but I have started to wear this summer. I have three zip lined single breasted Burberry‘s: one in green and two in black. And I have both a black and green Burberry trench with the wool lining. These I will wear on formal dress occasions or when it is extreme frigid winter cold as these two are my heaviest raincoats. And I wear cashmere Burberry scarves with all of my raincoats even in the summer in Northern New England here in the States. I hope that we can correspond more and message each other. Please look up my other postings on this website and I think you can learn of much of my love and my history going back to my childhood of wearing raincoats.

Joe