Burberry Blue PVC Trenchcoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jodie

Burberry Blue PVC Trenchcoat

Post by jodie »

My husband and I discovered online that Burberry had a new mens shiny blue PVC trenchcoat out and he should be fitted for one. Checking the web site for stock we found one in his size at Knightsbridge so we decide we should go there before the store sold out as most stores now dont hold large collections of stock . Arriving at the store we were greeted by the security men then a lady assistant asked if she could help us . Telling her we were interested in the mens blue shiny PVC trenchcoat she showed us the coat on display saying that they had only just come in as new stock.Then we were taken to a private fitting room just for us ,complete with full length mirrors and nice seating leaving us to get some trenchcoats in various sizes for him. On her return armed with four coats in various sizes she took charge of fitting my husband undoing buttons and belts, trying them on him and buttoning him up in the various sizes explaining about the fit of the coat with us while looking in the mirror at his smart new raincoat.The cost was not talked about but was worth every penny . It now appears that shiny PVC raincoats are being made for men as this is and probably the best raincoat he will could wish for .The only thing now is he will have to get used to wearing it in public .Check out the Burberry website.

https://uk.burberry.com/laminated-cotto ... -p40691701
spitfire617

Re: Burberry Blue PVC Trenchcoat

Post by spitfire617 »

Not a chance!
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Its not for the coat its for the service, lol

No wonder they have a security guard

I like looking in those jewellers in Bond Street, there's always a very large guy in a suit stood behind the door, I love to see their face when it look as if Im going in
mactim

Post by mactim »

I too spotted the amazing blue PVC mac in the Burberry store within Selfridges two weeks ago and could n't believe how good it looked and felt. The female assistant noticed that I was quite interested in it and I explained that it was probably too young for me, she said you don't know till you try it on..so I did. I felt a sense of excitement in a certain region as soon I put it on! The nice lady buttoned and belted me into it and i have to admit it looked really good and I probably could have worn it out and about but the price was far too much! I'll keep an eye out for it in the sales in january as I suspect they may not sell out at the full price.
Jodie, you should have asked your husband to buy you the shiny red ladies long PVC mac, it's amazing, it's heavier that men's blue mac and is very sexy but the price is over 2,500 pounds!!..it's called a Patent lambskin Trench coat..it's on the Burberry website.
You'd look a pretty striking couple in your red and blue PVC macs!
jodie

Post by jodie »

We saw the patent lambskin but I decided against one ,but might go back for the pink or blue plastic raincoats instead or a tradional trenchcoat.Watch this space with interest.Dont wait too long for the blue trenchcoat because I think stock levels will sell out soon.Did you enjoy being fitted and trying the coat on or did she get the size wrong and you tried on several like my husband did.
mactim

Post by mactim »

Yes, I saw the pink and blue macs, If you don't have a trench, I'd get one ,I've got several as they're my everyday mac. I got Weather vain to make me a navy rubber lined trench which they then added a Burberry check lining as they had some of the original material in stock.
I did like the ladies "soft touch "rubber cagoule in the original burberry check, it looks very sexy with it's draw string hood!
I did enjoy trying on the different macs in Burberry, I always like it when the assistant turns up with 3/4 different macs on her arm and I'm thinking here we go, let's get them on!
The best shop for trying macs on in London is Mackintosh shop on Conduit St, as they've got a great selection and there's lovely rubber aroma in the air. The shop is usually quiet and the assistants are always happy to help you try on as many different macs as you like. Check out their website www.mackintosh.com
delboy

Post by delboy »

This Mac looks very similar to the black PVC trenchcoat that Weathervain made for me three years ago and which was at a much more reasonable cost than the Burberry version.

Jodie, please tell your husband that there is no problem wearing PVC Mac in public as I have worn PVC macs for many years and the only comments you receive are complimentary. I would suggest the first time he should wear it is on a rainy day and nobody will take any notice. i am sure he would feel more comfortable if you were similarly dressed. My wife and I regularly go out on wet days similarly attired which we did last Saturday morning when we had to visit our local town and it was raining.

Delboy
Rives

Post by Rives »

Hi Jodie

As I'm sure your husband appreciates, having a lady shop assistant attending to you, holding the mackintoshes up for you to slip your arms into, then turning you around to button you up, is sheer heaven

Would love to have experienced that once again
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

If I see a queue of blokes outside the Burberry shop I'll know what's going on!
jodie

Post by jodie »

When I go to Burberry for my raincoat. He can sit and watch me get fitted for my plastic raincoat but I will want to be measured first so I get a perfect fit in either the blue , white or pink but I am not sure if I want the raincoat to fit over an existing trenchcoat that I will wear to Burberry.As much as I would love to be fitted for one of their tradional trenchcoats , I dont want to waste the chance of buying one of the plastic raincoats but cant decide which one of the three in the links below . Highly likely it will be the pink one but I like the idea of leg straps that come in the white raincoat but fear it may be too long for me .

https://uk.burberry.com/soft-touch-plas ... earch=true
https://uk.burberry.com/soft-touch-plas ... -p45471331
https://uk.burberry.com/soft-touch-plas ... -p45471421