M&S Ladies double-breasted

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
ETN

M&S Ladies double-breasted

Post by ETN »

This might well be of interest to anyone that appreciates Burberry trenches...

Although the item is a double-breasted gabardine raincoat, rather than having all the traditional trenchdetails (eg NO gun-flap at front, NO back yoke, but turned-up cuffs showing the rather nice blue tartan), the cloth feels REALLY...good, substantial (something I particularly enjoy with Burberry trenches), and, given some of Burberry's updated styles, this offering could easily pass. M&S have nailed it this time, a SEXY mac, full length (122 cms / 48 inches, if I remember rightly), and three colours: navy, dark olive, and a sort of honey-beige. At £79, they are a STEAL, and also go up to size 22. The blue tartan lining is as delectable as the outer.

Any criticism ?? If ONLY they'd done a red one, as they have in a couple of other styles, as they've really got the shade of red spot-on.They did the green one two years ago, I think: it flew off the racks, so if this lights your fire, get on down to your local branch. I'm obliged to walk past them every time to get to the food hall, and I've been wandering around with something trying to escape from my pants...
I've found a lot of reasons to visit the food hall recently...
jodie

Re: M&S Ladies double-breasted

Post by jodie »

I tried some blue double breasted raincoats on last night at M an S Marble Arch where they had all the colours in all the sizes. A very smart coat oversized but I had already bought one of their black plastic anoraks instead . They are look a bit like the old school gabardine raincoats we used to wear. Perhaps next time .
mactim

Post by mactim »

They're just like an old school gaberdine raincoat which were unisex and these are very similar, if you're chap buying one which I did you have to be careful of the sleeve length. The gaberdine has a very nice feel and the tartan lining is very sexy. I tried a few of them on before i bought mine and did n't get any strange looks. I wore mine yesterday as it was such a rainy day in london with my black rubber riding boots and it was just like my wearing a burberry and reminded me of my school days the only think missing is a hood!
jodie

Post by jodie »

I want one now to wear with my Topshop black plastic raincoat but not sure which colour to choose and will have to make sure I get the right size so the plastic mac will fit over the top. . Just like being back at school . I wore my Topshop raincoat last night and they fit so well . They could almost be made to measure and must be the best plastic raincoats I have ever bought.
mactim

Post by mactim »

The best thing to do is go into the M&S store with your Top Shop mac and try them on together. You can also try the different colours. i went to the M&S store in Marble Arch London where they have a dedicated "Raincoat" section, so you could have fun trying on all the other macs. I like the idea on wearing a plastic mac over my gaberdine mac ,just like my school days on a really rainy day, fully buttoned and belted up and with my black wellies!