ASOS men's raincoat

Do you have rainwear you want to sell or perhaps an eBay auction we should know about? Feel free to advertise it here.
Taffmac

Re: ASOS men's raincoat

Post by Taffmac »

ray@rainwearcafe wrote: June 6th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Taffmac wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:49 am
WealdenMac wrote: June 4th, 2017, 9:43 am Love it but I wouldn't have the nerve to wear one outside at my age.
Hi WealdenMac,

Don't know what age you are but I am 68 and wear my see-through Jeantex plastic raincoat outdoors.
Yeah, but at that age people just think you're a nutty old bloke

(of course Im joking :) )
Yeah, you're right Ray. Life's too short to worry about what other people think. Let's enjoy ourselves.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Taffmac wrote: June 7th, 2017, 9:30 am
ray@rainwearcafe wrote: June 6th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Taffmac wrote: June 6th, 2017, 9:49 am

Hi WealdenMac,

Don't know what age you are but I am 68 and wear my see-through Jeantex plastic raincoat outdoors.
Yeah, but at that age people just think you're a nutty old bloke

(of course Im joking :) )
Yeah, you're right Ray. Life's too short to worry about what other people think. Let's enjoy ourselves.
100% pleased you took it in the spirit it was meant :D
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Same age as Taffmac who I readily admit puts me to shame. I would only say in my defence that I've done my share of wearing in my time and remember the catcalls in the street to prove it. I'm currently in between macs as I like some of the modern materials utilised by the likes of Rains but feel frustrated that almost all of them come up a bit short, leading to wet knees.
NylonMack

Post by NylonMack »

Perhaps a little awkward for a gentleman of a certain age to go out in public. But surely a wonderful addition for the bedroom?
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

I have one of these in black
http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA05
I'm aged 63 yo and have worn it walking the dog, round Asda and at Goodwood Revival.
No wolf whistles or sarcy comments except from a friend who we go to Goodwood with
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
merv

Post by merv »

I fail to see why wearing a raincoat is such a big deal if the weather is bad. Maybe wearing blatantly womens ones would be dodgy, but hey wearing womens clothes is anyway if you are male. Same as going out in blazing sun wearing a plastic mac would be somewhat odd. Think i have said this before but one evening it was chucking it down so wore raincoat to go to shop. Young lad in trackies soaked to skin definetely looked quite envious of the fact I was reasonably dry
rainwear-experience

I think some people need rid themselves of the obsession that wearing a raincoat, in the right circumstances, isn't weird

Glastonbury isn't a rainwear fetish festival its a music festival where people wear rainwear because it quite often RAINS

I'm sure some people on this forum believe anyone wearing a raincoat must share their passion, they dont, when it rains its practical to wear a raincoat

This is why I feel is weird when people feel the need to approach others and tell them they like their rainwear, if a stranger in the street approached me and said how much they loved my Tank Top I'd find that weird

A lot of the negative feelings from 'outsiders' comes from the need of people to attract attention to themselves
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

ray@rainwearcafe wrote: August 6th, 2017, 8:37 am I think some people need rid themselves of the obsession that wearing a raincoat, in the right circumstances, isn't weird

Glastonbury isn't a rainwear fetish festival its a music festival where people wear rainwear because it quite often RAINS

I'm sure some people on this forum believe anyone wearing a raincoat must share their passion, they dont, when it rains its practical to wear a raincoat

This is why I feel is weird when people feel the need to approach others and tell them they like their rainwear, if a stranger in the street approached me and said how much they loved my Tank Top I'd find that weird

A lot of the negative feelings from 'outsiders' comes from the need of people to attract attention to themselves
So you wear a tank top? Oh so weird!!! lol lol
rainwear-experience

spitfire617 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:02 am
ray@rainwearcafe wrote: August 6th, 2017, 8:37 am I think some people need rid themselves of the obsession that wearing a raincoat, in the right circumstances, isn't weird

So you wear a tank top? Oh so weird!!! lol lol
lol, its because I've got a big gun