What is it specifically about rainwear that makes it a fetish/thing for you?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Scootaloo1

What is it specifically about rainwear that makes it a fetish/thing for you?

Post by Scootaloo1 »

With cagoules, I think my fetish stems from when I was a kid, I was bought one around age 5 and I didn’t like them at all.

It was pretty much the same as a Regatta Stormbreak, it had that scratchy plastic materiel and taped seams and that weird net in the neck area and elasticated cuffs.

I felt embarrassed wearing it even at that young age: I just thought they looked so dorky and made me feel venerable like people would judge me and think I wasn’t self-aware enough to have noticed how lame it was, I even internally judged others I saw wearing one lol.

It was in my 20s that this dislike of them blew up into a fetish and I found myself wanting another one and being a bit turned on by them.

I think it’s the weird dorky lame cuteness of them that really turns me on and the vulnerability that comes with it.

I get off on the idea people might perceive me as dorky and cute for wearing it, it feels kind of daring and naughty even if in reality it isn’t.

Sorry if that's a rubbish description.

So, what about you?
Last edited by Scootaloo1 on February 23rd, 2017, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scootaloo1

Re: What is it specifically about rainwear that makes it a fetish for you?

Post by Scootaloo1 »

Macmann wrote: February 20th, 2017, 8:54 pm Your analysis of your feelings is very interesting. There is something very strange about the relationship between dislike and embarrassment and excitement. It is borne out in my own experience.
What's your experience?
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I entirely endorse the previous posters' observations about the links between shame/dislike/embarrassment on the one hand and excitement/stimulation on the other. When I was little plastic pants, rubber sheets and the like were essentially "women's business" and the links established then have been impossible to eradicate subsequently.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I guess with me it was similar too, i hated wearing them has a kid, until the age of around 10 when my friends mum who was lovely to us kids used to wear a navy blue k way over the head, she was also very good looking!

As we all really liked her and as a youngster discovering my female side, i did used to idolise her style a little bit, so when it was time to for mum to take me to buy a new cagoule, it had to be a navy blue knway, we couldnt find one so i ended up with an orange one which i then wore to death.

From then on i have always loved cagoules for their feeling, the feelings they give me, the way they move and sound and also just how damn practical they are whether worn indoors or out ;)

X
Lets get swishy!
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

This is question I have thought about in the past but not in any detail.
When I was a child in the 1970s I had the brightest red thick PVC Rukka style mac you could imagine complete with matching souwester. My sister had one similar but in dark Navy Blue for some reason. At that time so many people wore that style of rainwear that it was only the bright colour that I felt uncomfortable with until an attractive female teacher gave me a lift home and said she thought my Red raingear was very smart - She was wearing the same in Green.
I did buy a Red mac similar when I was a teenager and loved the way it reminded me of my earlier childhood when people wore clothes to suit the weather and not follow each other so much for the sake of fashion like the present.
My favourite colour for rainwear is Red or Yellow PVC so I think I just love the recurring daring feeling of wearing them in public, I think because so few men wear bright colours in the UK it automatically looks different. That gives me quite an exciting feeling alone.
I have worn brightly coloured rainwear in France where I lived and Sweden and Norway and no one would give me a second glance, but in the UK people take much more attention of each other for some reason.
I think the word fetish describes something way out and sinister, I would prefer to think of it in the same way that some people dress all in denim or the way that leather clothes make some people feel sexier- a sort of comforting eccentricity.
raincoatboy

Re: What is it specifically about rainwear that makes it a fetish/thing for you?

Post by raincoatboy »

The way it looks, sounds, feels, smells. There's nothing like a super shiny raincoat. When I see a girl in a shiny raincoat I go batshit crazy. Whether a woman is wrapped in a raincoat or whether a long pillow is wrapped in a shiny raincoat having sex with either one sends me into orbit.
Mikmac77

Re: What is it specifically about rainwear that makes it a fetish/thing for you?

Post by Mikmac77 »

I remember many years ago as a boy, I was on an errand at my grannies. It started to pour with rain, and I had no coat. My granmy insisted I wear her green rubberised cape with a elasticated hood. It was huge, and nearly reached my ankles, she put it around me and fitted the hood tightly around me head, it felt strange , but good. Out in the rain this cape billowed around me and smelt very strongly of the rubber lining. this was the first moment of a lifelong facination with all types of rubber rainwear.This really does turn me on!
ashim2002

Post by ashim2002 »

I remember when I was in standard 5 or 6, in the vacation was in my uncle's house its far from our house approx. 70 K.M. away my uncle worked in Forest Department, and most of time he was not at home. I was alone at home. When I trying to slept at noon after lunch, just I feel something extra that i love the touch, seen a dark pvc rainwear beside bed, ignore it again when i turn towards wall (it was hang on a hook attached to bed), its feel again different, touch it by hand and when i go near smells great, can not understand at that time... after couple of week i wear it just feels like heaven.. i also slept in it... uncle returned from duty and ask me why u wear it inside... ? No rain... i just naturally answered him i feel warm in it so i wear... this way i am interested in it and till date i love it.....
Infinity
India
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

I just like shiny rainwear. It all started when I was 5 years old and got a houndstooth red / black shiny pvc mac with matching southwester and red wellies in 1970. From then I was fascinated about the shiny material, and the smell and noise of PVC.
Then in the 70s, many of my female classmates wore shiny raincoats, between 1972 and 1980.
I especially liked the shiny pvc raincoats for ladies and girls rainwear. In the department stores I liked to watch girls and ladies trying on shiny raincoats, and even when sometimes they did admire each other, how nice and cute they looked like when wearing the bright, shiny pvc rainwear. I very liked the noise and smell of the 70s raingear, when they used much more of plasticizers in vinyl and pvc.
Interestingly I am just into pvc rainwear. Other pvc stuff does not turn me on.
HeatherluvsPVC

Post by HeatherluvsPVC »

Very good question, Personally I think that shiny PVC has a fluidity about it that is unique.
The way it catches the light and crackles when in movement is , for me, both exciting and very, very sexual.
There is, for me, no other material that can completely cover the wearers body but accentuate their natural curves by catching and reflecting the light while providing it's own sublime erotic soundtrack of sensual sounds.
And as it is practical we see quite a few ladies wearing coats made out of this wonderful material who, on the face of it, are not aware of the affect it is having on us mere mortals who can only watch and dream.
:oops: Heather