pvc welding curtains in bed?

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
raincoatboy

pvc welding curtains in bed?

Post by raincoatboy »

I've been doing some homework on the thickness of pvc and plastic. I discovered that pvc welding curtains are about 14 mil thick or roughly in the 330 to 350 micron range. I know at 200 microns PUL has raincoats that are soft and subtle. My question is does anyone have any experience with 350 micron pvc? Is that too thick to play with or would it make great bedsheets and bed covers? I want something seethru and shiny but also pliable and soft.
PVCFoliant

Re: pvc welding curtains in bed?

Post by PVCFoliant »

raincoatboy wrote:My question is does anyone have any experience with 350 micron pvc? Is that too thick to play with or would it make great bedsheets and bed covers?
This brings to my mind: I liked the touch of a welding curtain in a apprenticeship workshop.
It maybe was something between 300-400µ. It was in a glasclear green and i would say it would be a verry nice bedsheet.

Depends on what you are into but i think as a single layer bed cover it will be great. Sewing is difficult and it may become a bit to stiff on the edges.

But... good idea!
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

I got 2 orange shiny pvc welding curtains and put then in my bed. They are 14mil which according to my conversion chart is in the 330-350 micron range. There must be a different manufacturing process for wearable pvc because these curtains are really thick. They don't wrap themselves around me like I want them too. I've always dreamed of having pvc bedding made out of the same material glass clear dome umbrellas are made of.
PVCFoliant

Post by PVCFoliant »

You inspired me to look for a welding curtain.
I bought a orange/red 140cm x 220cm it features a nice aroma and is big enough to wrap me in and close the poppers.

I think a curtain is a very adequate resilient bed sheet and bed cover (without inlay) for the summer.