Blue shiny rukka raincoat

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
pvcmac

Re: Blue shiny rukka raincoat

Post by pvcmac »

this was on ebay, I was watching it. I have 2 shiny green rukkas, 1 red 1 black and 1 blue. also a navy blue shiny that is badly ripped at the hood and down the arm, sadly it cant be repaired.
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

I have a very Shiny Van Allen from the 70 s with a detachable cowl.... Absolutely love it
frederique

Post by frederique »

wouah nice raincoat
ShinyW

Post by ShinyW »

Me and her indoors were on holidays down the south coast the last few days. Pretty rainy and generally wet down there. Imagine my surprise when I saw a woman walking down the main street with a raincoat very similar to the one in the photo above.

A sighting like this might happen once a year for me here in West Oz, it was pretty inspirational for me.
Oilskin_Lover

Post by Oilskin_Lover »

I have several, especially a black one with the strap at the collar. I have an olive one that is a mystery: it is exactly like two Swedish ones from
Sportsman's HQ. It seems to have the Swedish three crowns logo, but "made in Finland." What would a Finish outfit do making military items for
Sweden? Any ideas?
I would post pictures but I don't know how and I don't think I can on the Library machine I have to use.
O_L
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

I would love to be able to get one of the navy blue rukka raincoats popular in the 1980s.
At the moment I have a shiny thick black Yarmouth mac, it is in great shape despite being 30 years old.

I bought it on ebay Germany two years ago and it is the most waterproof mac I have ever worn. Needless to say I wear it constantly and have had some real good comments.

Another great colour for rukka macs is bright red and yes it would wear that colour in public also.
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

This is very similar to the Rukka coat that Mary has in her stories
rubbermackintosh

This is very similar to the Rukka coat that Mary has in her stories
Oilskin_Lover

Post by Oilskin_Lover »

That is a very fine item. I can brag that I have one blue, one red with thermal lining, and one russet. But I have, also, one black slicker type with
the strap around the neck. Also--I have a peculiar one. It is by Rukka, all right, but is identical to Swedish military ones from Sportsmens' HQ some
years back, and has the three Swedish crowns (I guess) inside. Does anybody know how a Finnish outfit was making stuff for the Swedes? A mystery.
rubbermackintosh

It's exactly like Mary's. 100% Waterproof and spunk proof too!