Chatroom

Ideas for new sub forums or any other suggestions on how we can improve and this forum.
rainwearinme

Chatroom

Post by rainwearinme »

Hello is it possible to have a chatroom on this site...and if possible to know where members are from the country, so that local people may have a chance of contact ?
Just a thought......or does it cost more to have put on this site.
Alan
Kinky-In-Scotland

Re: Chatroom

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

There has been a chatroom on the site before but it was found that there were never enough people on the site at the same time to make it worth while so it was dropped.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
merv

Post by merv »

Kinky-In-Scotland wrote:There has been a chatroom on the site before but it was found that there were never enough people on the site at the same time to make it worth while so it was dropped.
that was the problem, your chances of ever finding anyone else in there was somewhat remote. Chatrooms only work on sites that are heavily used unlike our little niche
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Thanks for the reply, shame about lack of interests .
merv

Post by merv »

rainwearinme wrote:Thanks for the reply, shame about lack of interests .
I dont think its the actual lack of interest to be fair. The reality is that the number of members is not high on this site and the members are spread around the world in numerous timezones. Anyone thinking that they may pop on for a couple of hours in the evening will find its always evening somewhere if you see what I mean. I find t bad enough at work dealing with authors in the US, various parts, and places like Australia and New Zealand where we send emails and take a day to get an answer, a short conversation can take a week with email replies
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Thanks merv for the imput
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

But ebven in Country Specific Forums it often don't work. In another forum i am in, they also had a chat and it was dropped also because it was seldom that 2 users were signed on the same time. Another forum had a php chat where you saw the last 30 lines when you signed in, not an empty window. there you saw things typed hopurs before, typed something, forgot the window as noone was on, hours later, you recognized someone othe rtyped something. It's not easy get a forumchat running.
PVC is sexy.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

The site here does seem a lot busier now than in older days. Do folks on ferrite know about it? There is a lot of rainwear fetishists on there :)
Lets get swishy!
raincape

Post by raincape »

merv wrote: December 4th, 2015, 11:14 pm
rainwearinme wrote:Thanks for the reply, shame about lack of interests .
I dont think its the actual lack of interest to be fair. The reality is that the number of members is not high on this site and the members are spread around the world in numerous timezones. Anyone thinking that they may pop on for a couple of hours in the evening will find its always evening somewhere if you see what I mean. I find t bad enough at work dealing with authors in the US, various parts, and places like Australia and New Zealand where we send emails and take a day to get an answer, a short conversation can take a week with email replies
it also depends on how well the site is advertised, such as in fetishist magazines or websites, or is it of such limited niche that its not worth it.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

"it also depends on how well the site is advertised, such as in fetishist magazines or websites"

Sounds quite expensive, whose going to fund it?