a personal message for f**king a...hole spammers

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcdreams.old

Re: a personal message for f**king a...hole spammers

Post by pvcdreams.old »

RainyDee wrote:It's just a thought, but would introducing moderator approval to new membership applications be a viable way to cut down the number of these vermin getting onto the board in the first place? I'm sure the mods would rather spend their time welcoming genuine new members than clearing out crap.
That works well for us on our Yahoo group. Include a mandatory field for new members to complete - [What got you interested in plastic/rainwear/pvc etc.] or somthing similar. You can easily spot the spammers.
mason

Post by mason »

Nice try, "sonam" ... 6 posts, up for 35 minutes and you only lasted that long because I just had dinner.

Deleted, blocked and BANNED. Now fuck off, you creep!!
Domino

Post by Domino »

Are you sure it's a real person, Mason? Most of this spam is posted by spambots. I'm sure that the ones that use the Cyrillic alphabet (Russian) are automated. They don't worry about translating (and if they did it would be gibberish!). I doubt if your written response (warmly echoed by all of us) will even get read.

Domino
merv

Post by merv »

you may be forgiven for thinking that this 'sonam' has a sense of humour after all sonam is an anagram of Mason after all. Coincidence or what?
mason

Post by mason »

merv wrote:you may be forgiven for thinking that this 'sonam' has a sense of humour after all sonam is an anagram of Mason after all. Coincidence or what?
lol ...!!!
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy »

I think we should go manual approval - Mason let me know if you think its a bad idea. I'm going to switch it on now.
mason

Post by mason »

I agree with you - go fot it! ... it's the only way we can deter these creeps: are there any tests or other ways you can weed out undesirables?

If genuine enthusiasts wants to join the rainwear forum, they will do so, regardless of being forced to undergo manual approval.
hazrainsuitman6

Post by hazrainsuitman6 »

Mason and Paul, I look at the member list and what websites they connect their profiles to, and we still have some potential spammers. I've dealt with spammers on a heavy gear girls forum and discerned that they were spammers through the syntax of their posts. :roll:
mason

Post by mason »

Sounds like these bloody Twinkies are not too clever, are they? at least it'll make it much easier nipping everything in the bud now
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Thank you Mason for being a good "Gate Keeper." I appropriate your dedication to keeping our little forum at a very high standard of quality.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg