Not secure

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
HeatherlovesPVC

Not secure

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

I;m getting a message on my pc browser that rainwear central is not a secure site?
merv

Re: Not secure

Post by merv »

so dont put any credit or debit card details in
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

Some browers (Chrome?) are starting to do that but all it means is that the traffic from the site to your browser is not encrypted so as merv says, don't put card details or other sensitive personal information in. It doesn't mean the site's been hacked or data leaked or anything like that.

Admins: It's becoming the norm to use HTTPS for all sites and I've started using LetsEncrypt for those I host so drop me a pm if you want some help or advice in that respect.
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

sergiouk wrote: November 11th, 2018, 3:50 pm Some browers (Chrome?) are starting to do that but all it means is that the traffic from the site to your browser is not encrypted so as merv says, don't put card details or other sensitive personal information in. It doesn't mean the site's been hacked or data leaked or anything like that.

Admins: It's becoming the norm to use HTTPS for all sites and I've started using LetsEncrypt for those I host so drop me a pm if you want some help or advice in that respect.
Thanks, didn't think there was a major problem but thought I'd flag it up anyway.

Heather
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Post by Rainwearboy »

I'll check with the host of this site, http://www.host4africa.com/ if that can switch the hosting to https.