Political thoughts: How the "green" politic will influence the use of raincapes in Germany

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
marcus_germany

Political thoughts: How the "green" politic will influence the use of raincapes in Germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I am thinking of what the change of the german politics to "green" will mean to raincapes.

The first time, raincapes will have a big comeback as the people have to switch from their cars to bycicles. When you are riding on your bicicle and it rains you cannot use an umbrella, you need a raincape.
But then the green party will make laws to reduce the plastic pollution of the seas. One-time plastic articles will disappear. Plastic articles have to last as long as possible. But: plastic should not contain harmful substances. So, one-time raincapes will disappear, pvc raincapes also. Maybe, latex will stay as it is made from natural kautschuk. Also maybe, bio-plastic that is not made from petrol oil and is compostable may be used then.

I also think that PVC cling film will disappear, but because cling film is still needed for hygienic packaging of food, i think, PE cling film will stay or maybe they switch to bio plastic.

We don't know what the european union and germany will decide but this will change a lot i think

Marcus
PVC is sexy.