Am I the only one?

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Am I the only one?

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

OK, I admit, I am steamin drunk, but there's something that has been niggling away in the back of my mind for some time now and I've got to get it out of my system, is it just me or does society just assume you're gay if you have a fetish?, I like to think that I'm an everyday heterosexual male who happens to have a particular kink for wearing PVC rainwear and rubber boots / waders, gas masks, chemical suits and rubber gloves, yet all I can find online related to these things ultimately ends up on gay sites, surely I'm not the only straight guy out here with this fetish? I do love to watch and download videos of fellow fetishists cumming in their gear, hell I've put up over 40 of me doing exactly that on xtube, but why is the assumption that that's what we enjoy as heterosexual males considered by some as outright gay? I will stand and fight for the rights of the LBGT community all day long, all I ask is, why do us heterosexuals automatically get drawn into that category because we have a fetish for PVC and rubber, Your thoughts would be most welcome.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
therookie1

Re: Am I the only one?

Post by therookie1 »

I am with you on this every site on go on is the same .
HeatherluvsPVC

Post by HeatherluvsPVC »

I couldn't agree more, I am a 'straight' guy who happens to be into PVC, leather, rubber, latex particularly skirts, dresses and long shiny coats ...... yes heterosexual crossdressers do exist.
Although I do assume a femme name and persona when wearing or fantasising about PVC etc. not with the view of being mistaken as or acting the role of a girl in a relationship with a guy, just that I find it easier.
I do fantasise about having relationships with real girls, with me being the sub.
Heather :roll:
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

I don't think that in 2017 fetish is so strict assumed to gay. In the 90s, Fetishes like latex. s&m or similar were strictly assumed to the gay conmunity. But today when you enter "pvc dress" in google or similar, you get a lot of beautiful female mdoels in pvc dress, only a few images are transvestites or similar .
So i think at least the online shops realized that pvc and latex atracts heterosexual people also.

But: A lot of people still mix latex and pvc fetish with s&m practises. (this is because dominas and slaves often wear latex and pvc outfits, but not everyone who likes to wear pvc and latex also likes s&m practises. Most people seem not to know this)

I'm, a heterosexual male. I like pvc and latex, but neither sadistic nor masoochistic practises. The most people think on" fifty shades of grey" when the hear fetish. The differences between the fetishes are not common for the "normal guy". Maybe also this will change some day.

ok, this are my experiences in germany. Maybe this differs from country to country.

A point why a lot of people may strictly assume pvc and latex fetish with gay maxbe that in germany in the public nearly noone has the courage to wear pvc or latex outfits. In this point, we are still conservative in germany: Fetishes are strictly private. the only exception is the gay/lgbt community on the christopher street day. At this events (every city has one) the LGBT people wear a lot of pvc and latex in the public while celenbrating this party.

there is no event where heterosexual german people wear pvc or latex in the public (At the love parade, the biggest techno/rave music event of the 90's there were a lot of colourful outfits, also with pvc accessoires, but this event does not exist any more (ok, the last years of the love parade, the event already did not had the popularity as in the first years))
PVC is sexy.
merv

Post by merv »

do you think the clue here are the contributors to these sites, the OP admits that he has contributed himself in that way, as these sites are generally relying on contributions from members its much a case of you reap what you sow,
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

As far as I can see there is a paradox that exists -that I have seen anyway.
In these supposedly enlightened times nobody is supposed to say anything detrimental or negative to anyone, you can dress how you like, have your hair any colour you wish without fear of reprisal etc etc. I see many people these days when I am out, who Don't appear to wash or care for their appearance, wearing clothes that look like they were rescued from landfill.

Nobody notices, gives a second glance or pays the slightest attention.
However, if I am to wear my ex naval long shiny pvc raincoat out -even though it is black and not red, pink or any bright colour people will go out of their way to stare.
Now, if I wear the same clothing in france or Germany there will be absolutely no problem at all, but here in the UK I think there has been so much in the media since the 80s of how certain groups of people are meant to dress, that you are guilty by association the minute you wear a sensible raincoat or rubber clothing.
I am not gay or a cross dresser or Anything else
a female can wear any colour of rubber or pvc without any notice being taken, but with the rare exception of being in London whilst wearing a dull SBR
Mac you can tell exactly what they are thinking by the way in which they will look at you.
Abroad in Europe people are definately more open minded and individual, a quality that has long since gone from the UK sadly.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Jjai wrote: November 25th, 2017, 12:16 pm As far as I can see there is a paradox that exists -that I have seen anyway.
In these supposedly enlightened times nobody is supposed to say anything detrimental or negative to anyone, you can dress how you like, have your hair any colour you wish without fear of reprisal etc etc. I see many people these days when I am out, who Don't appear to wash or care for their appearance, wearing clothes that look like they were rescued from landfill.
Nobody notices, gives a second glance or pays the slightest attention.

However, if I am to wear my ex naval long shiny pvc raincoat out -even though it is black and not red, pink or any bright colour people will go out of their way to stare.
Now, if I wear the same clothing in france or Germany there will be absolutely no problem at all, but here in the UK I think there has been so much in the media since the 80s of how certain groups of people are meant to dress, that you are guilty by association the minute you wear a sensible raincoat or rubber clothing.
I am not gay or a cross dresser or Anything else
a female can wear any colour of rubber or pvc without any notice being taken, but with the rare exception of being in London whilst wearing a dull SBR
Mac you can tell exactly what they are thinking by the way in which they will look at you.
Abroad in Europe people are definately more open minded and individual, a quality that has long since gone from the UK sadly.
Really???, You think people in the UK are LESS tolerent now than before, I wonder if many people would agree with your opinion, I certainly would'nt

I dont think people in the Uk have ever been that tolerent of those who who want to do things differently, dress differently, have coloured hair etc but I do think there is more acceptance of it these days

You say people go out of their way to stare at you, maybe that's because you're self conscious and you're expecting people to stare at you, Ive found most people are too busy getting on with their daily rountine to be bothered about what others are getting up to or wearing

You seem to assume all the attention you're getting is negative, from some of the posts Ive read on this forum members get approached and compilmented on their choice of clothing, so these stares might be from people admiring your choice of clothing

How do you know "Nobody notices, gives a second glance or pays the slightest attention" you're not living in their heads or looking through their eyes, you cant know how they feel
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

im bisexual with a strong PVC Raincoat fetish,and so enjoy the best of both worlds.
kinkycumbria

Post by kinkycumbria »

i was straight and always a fetish freek, but since the millenium i have satisfied my lust for latex and pvc discretly outside my marriage, and 90% of these meets have been with tgirls or bi guys, and i know class myself as bisexual and can be a cross dresser too but only in rubber and pvc.
i guess i would not have gone this way if my wife had like fetish wear a little more, she satified my urges for the first 10 years of marriage but now no longer likes sex of any sort, and rubber gloved hand job for being a good boy is a distant memory
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

'Am I the only one?' Not by any means I can assure you. My story is very similar to kinkycumbria's, only I haven't met any tgirls.