Leather Skirts

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
WealdenMac

Re: Leather Skirts

Post by WealdenMac »

And now, at last Louise Minchin! La crème de la crème.
Taurus

Post by Taurus »

After a lot of thinking I finally have my own PVC/Vinyl skirt :D I have bought it on a second hand website and it arrived yesterday. It is the black vinyl skirt from H&M that I loved so much and was sold in the autumn of 2017. I've had a lot of regrets not having bougth one of them. The material is great and it is very smooth and squeaky. I have tried it on, although it was a bit big for me (the skirt is a size 16), and I loved the feeling of the great material. The size was a gamble, but this skirt comes with a belt so I can make it a little bit smaller but maybe I'll buy a second one, one size smaller when I find one. I still don't have the guts as a guy to take a skirt into the fittingrooms to try it on...

My PVC/Vinyl collection now consists of 2 PVC macs, one black and one red, a pair of black vinyl pants and the H&M vinyl skirt.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

And now Rachel Burden on BBC this morning, not wearing her glasses but still so rocking the 1950's schoolmistress look (strict but fair) in her superb brown leather pencil skirt.
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

Taurus wrote: January 9th, 2019, 6:02 pm After a lot of thinking I finally have my own PVC/Vinyl skirt :D I have bought it on a second hand website and it arrived yesterday. It is the black vinyl skirt from H&M that I loved so much and was sold in the autumn of 2017. I've had a lot of regrets not having bougth one of them. The material is great and it is very smooth and squeaky. I have tried it on, although it was a bit big for me (the skirt is a size 16), and I loved the feeling of the great material. The size was a gamble, but this skirt comes with a belt so I can make it a little bit smaller but maybe I'll buy a second one, one size smaller when I find one. I still don't have the guts as a guy to take a skirt into the fittingrooms to try it on...

My PVC/Vinyl collection now consists of 2 PVC macs, one black and one red, a pair of black vinyl pants and the H&M vinyl skirt.
Well done Taurus, I agree that the wearing of a skirt feels awesome but you should team it up with a pair of leather knee length boots. I find that
the restricted feeling of the boots is a wonderful counterpoint to the freedom I experience while wearing a skirt.

Heather
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Great sightings of Carol Kirkwood, Louise Minchin and Tina O'Brien in leather skirts on TV this week and it's only Wednesday. But the star turn was architect Laura Jane Clark wearing a top designer black latex skirt while publicising her new show "Your Home Made Perfect" on "The One Show" on Monday. Took a bit of nerve, I imagine, but she seems quite a character whose dress style would also work well with some of Elements Rainwear's finest vintage creations.
Taurus

Post by Taurus »

HeatherlovesPVC wrote: April 16th, 2019, 4:13 pm Taurus, I agree that the wearing of a skirt feels awesome but you should team it up with a pair of leather knee length boots. I find that
the restricted feeling of the boots is a wonderful counterpoint to the freedom I experience while wearing a skirt.

Heather
I have never tried a pair of knee lenght boots but maybe that is something for the future, but for now almost impossible because I am not the only one in the house. I also have to be very careful with pvc/vinyl clothing because of the squeaky sounds (which I like very much :D ) of it.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Well - I would say that skirts squeak less than trousers - depending on what moves one makes of course. ;)
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Double post removed.
HeatherlovesPVC

Post by HeatherlovesPVC »

ilikecoated wrote: April 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm Well - I would say that skirts squeak less than trousers - depending on what moves one makes of course. ;)
I agree trousers do squeak but I would say that skirts swish, rustle or crackle as do coats, I have a lovely black PVC 3/4 length skirt which makes the most delightful swishing sound as I smooth it as I am sitting. :roll: The only problem is I generally end up with a very un-lady like bulge...... but who really cares ;)

Heather
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Victoria Derbyshire wearing the longest and tightest of black leather pencil skirts this morning-and it's raining. What's not to love?