Card Fraud

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
Peterstrom

Card Fraud

Post by Peterstrom »

Seems very prevalent at the moment - loads of reports through media and forums of it happening. Just had my 'discreet' card done and the only time it's been used recently was with CCIBilling (rainbound). They tried to book flights through edreams but was picked up straight away by the card provider fraud dept!

I run with Norton permanently on and the virus check shows no virus or Trojans.

So - be on your guard everyone.

PS
Rainwearboy
Site Admin

Re: Card Fraud

Post by Rainwearboy »

All I can say is be very cautions when dealing with rainbound and related sites from the same owner...
Janine

Post by Janine »

I have had the same experience - an attempt was made to book a flight to Saudi Arabia, of all places!!! I have cancelled my card to avoid other problems. It would seem that some of these sites, however good they may seem to be, have no ethical morals or security. What a pity.
Take care
Janine
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

For those of you who are unaware of the owner of the site, it's HelenaB, and she is alo responsible for purple reflections.com, purple castle.com and fetish memoirs.com. I've never been near these sites myself as they don't interest me, so I can't share ant personal experiences of using their billing system.
frogmac

Post by frogmac »

One way to avoid this problem if you're in the U.K. is to pay by cheque.

I've been doing this for years simply because I use webmail which Helena's site isn't programmed to accept for payments, and I'm very wary of signing up for anything which has automatic repeat payments such as CCBill.