Harnesses, anyone?

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
evad

Harnesses, anyone?

Post by evad »

This is off the muddy path a bit, but, just curious if any of you have ever had to wear a safety harness? Back in October last year, (Yeah, I'm just getting around to writing about it!), my company had to do a quick experiment with one of the instruments we are developing. The idea was find out what our instrument would see from an overhead position... So, we rented a 40' boom lift, and due to the fact that I had operated one of these machines in the past, I was elected to be 40 feet in the air with the instrument. I was also assigned the task of photographer to have a better visual record of each data set. Well, on the appointed day, I was getting a refresher on the operation of the boom while my co-workers were dragging out the equipment.

Ever seen a boom lift? Pretty common at building construction sites in the US . They come in different sizes, but this one had 4 tires that were about 3 ft (1M) in diameter... The unit has a diesel-hydraulic power set up that features a telescoping beam with a railed platform at the end. You can move the boom in and out, up or down. Left or right. You can even tilt and move the platform itself, and they are self powered, so you can actually move the machine while you are 40' up (NOT recommended!!!! - wicked sway!)

I secured the instrument on the railed platform, and was handed a blue nylon bag as I prepared to go up- There was a yellow, full body safety harness inside. I balked at using it, but, the engineer in charge insisted. So, I put my legs in the leg loops, wiggled into the arm straps, then adjusted all the straps so it was comfortable, but snug. I hooked the tether onto the platform and when I clipped the strap across my chest, I got this feeling of -well- security... I found it curiously confining, but comforting in a really pleasant way. I was aloft for 3 hours or so- came down once for a bathroom break- but didn't take the harness off to walk into the building...

I seriously enjoyed being strapped up like that! I've worn a harness once before, when on a sailing trip, but it wasn't a full body harness like this was... After about 5 minutes of being in it, I thought to myself that the only thing that would make this better would be wearing a complete suit of vinyl foul weather gear and rubber boots under it!

Man, have I just developed yet another fetish????

-evad
mason

Re: Harnesses, anyone?

Post by mason »

I've never worn harnesses like the one you've described except for abseiling and that was years ago.

However, I do love wearing lifejackets, preferably anything fitted with a crotchstrap - particularly over rainwear - the sense of safety & security that they provide is awesome, particuly once I've pulled the crotchstrap tight!!

Chel also likes lifejackets now, but for different reasons... ;-)
evad

Post by evad »

Mason, I actually do have a sailing harness that I have worn once, but it's a shoulder and below the chest type. It didn't have the same effect as this safety harness did. A nice thing came out of using it- my company was charged for the harness, and I was made it's keeper... It's starting to rain right now, and both my neighbors are gone, so, guess what I brought home this weekend and am about to strap on over my black rainsuit? -Wish I had someone to take pictures!

While not a fan of life vests, I do know what you mean about a crotch strap... I have a two piece orange German rainsuit that had cork sewn in pockets on the inside. I took out the cork, so the jacket would fit me, but a feature of this life/rain jacket is a "beaver tail" -just like a diver's wet suit- that hangs down in the back, then goes through your legs and snaps on the front under the zipper start. That feature is to keep the jacket from riding up while you are in the water.
evad

Post by evad »

BTW Mason- I love Chel's pink coverall!
furryhood

Post by furryhood »

Health and safety dictated that I had to wear a full body harness while working up on scaffolding a few years ago. Thick safety straps cross shoulders, around chest, waist and oh yes the crotch straps! Two sturdy rings on shoulders and two on the hip points. Safety anchor straps attached. It was heaven! It sent my kinky mind buzzing! Imagine being wrapped up in my favourite ddpvc and strapped up. Even better, then dangled! Guess what. You can buy these harnesses on Amazon for £40! In my garage attached to two thick wooden beams are two sturdy ring bolts. A small block of wood to stand on. Just use your imagination. A wicked wife has left me dangling in my shiny hooded vinyl, comfortably for ages! You just dont want to be released. With wrists tethered you can only sway and wriggle. No touching!!!! Absolute heaven. Me thinks. Havent done that for ages........
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

I think it would be neat to have a harness in either heavy rubber or at least faux leather or pvc coated fabric. Not for work... just for fun! All I can readily see are leather harnesses that don’t meet my shiny kinky wishes.
rubberraincoat

Post by rubberraincoat »

Invinciblerubber.com
Shinyhood

Post by Shinyhood »

furryhood wrote: May 7th, 2021, 8:07 am Health and safety dictated that I had to wear a full body harness while working up on scaffolding a few years ago. Thick safety straps cross shoulders, around chest, waist and oh yes the crotch straps! Two sturdy rings on shoulders and two on the hip points. Safety anchor straps attached. It was heaven! It sent my kinky mind buzzing! Imagine being wrapped up in my favourite ddpvc and strapped up. Even better, then dangled! Guess what. You can buy these harnesses on Amazon for £40! In my garage attached to two thick wooden beams are two sturdy ring bolts. A small block of wood to stand on. Just use your imagination. A wicked wife has left me dangling in my shiny hooded vinyl, comfortably for ages! You just dont want to be released. With wrists tethered you can only sway and wriggle. No touching!!!! Absolute heaven. Me thinks. Havent done that for ages........
Did you? Sou ds bloody wonderful!