Rainy and Muddy Music Festival

Non rainwear related post about all things other than rainwear.
HarlequinKing96

Rainy and Muddy Music Festival

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

Have any of you ever done a music festival that was incredibly rainy and subsequently saturated with mud? Did you have any nice experiences with rain coats and wellies?

I went to Download 2016, or, as dubbed by Bruce Dickinson, Drownload. The rain fell like it does in movies and the ground was a sea of mud... and it was so frickin awesome! My wellies were installed on my feet for 3 whole days and on everybody else's too... such a sight for sore eyes! And the mud was so outstanding for me to stomp, jump and slide through!

Awesome music too. :)
Beth xxx
spitfire617

Re: Rainy and Muddy Music Festival

Post by spitfire617 »

Donnington has always been muddy at the best of times!!
SEWelly

Post by SEWelly »

Must admit I've not been to a muddy music festival but have spent many a muddy afternoon at motor racing tracks in the UK. Somehow the muddiest part of the foot paths become the best places to watch the action from. One of my local tracks has a 4x4 course within its grounds so have spent many muddy afternoons discovering how deep some of the mud is - I've always had to be very careful to make sure I remain presentable!

I've always wanted to go to Glasto, albeit perhaps more for the mud than the music. I always looked on jealously on the BBC coverage in those muddy years, and I'm sure some of that formed my passion for mud and wellies!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Went to the super wet glasto, started off sunny for thenfirst 2 days then wet!!!! For the next 3.

I spent most of my time cagoule spotting and sploshing about in wellies and waterproofs (classic peter storm). It was amazing watching some of the bands with everyone in soaking wet cagoule so close to each other. There was one clever person with a stall selling retro cagoules and wellies, they sold out! Some lovely pieces in their stall but over priced!
Lets get swishy!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Country Music festival Norfolk U.K August 27th-30th 2020

spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

This is what it was like 3 days out off 4!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB129UwmlRA
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

@spitfire617; No wonder you were well wrapped up, trust you wasn't camping on site in a tent.
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

hotwilly wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:13 pm @spitfire617; No wonder you were well wrapped up, trust you wasn't camping on site in a tent.
Not a chance a nice guest house in Kings Lynn!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

spitfire617 wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 6:24 pm
hotwilly wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:13 pm @spitfire617; No wonder you were well wrapped up, trust you wasn't camping on site in a tent.
Not a chance a nice guest house in Kings Lynn!
Nice one 👍
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Looks good, did the social distancing help to get better sight lines for shooting?