Steptoe & son

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
plasphil

Steptoe & son

Post by plasphil »

A nice period piece from 1965. The first seven minutes of the episode 'A box in town' features Yootha Joyce wearing a PVC black and white mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ULLlRJoUnY

Phil
regenhoedje

Re: Steptoe & son

Post by regenhoedje »

That's a nice find, maybe a TV serie like Coronation Street also has some nice plastic rainwear scenes from the 1960's
any suggestions or links?
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Hi Regenjoedje, I've just put 4 episodes up where Audrey Roberts (Coronation Street) is wearing her shiny black PVC mac.
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

What a wonderful evocation of the explosion of fashionable pvc and plastic rainwear in the mid sixties. These thin unlined plastic Macs, with no hood but big buttons were everywhere on the high street so often in primary colours. Black and white were especially popular, I love that you can hear that unique and exciting sound of her Mac as she nestled up to him. You can see how thin the plastic was by the collar, and his offer of the blanket also shows how thin the Mac was; the Mac gave total rain protection, but was really cold to wear on cold nights.

Great find.
barbedwirelove60

Post by barbedwirelove60 »

ah Yootha Joyce wearing a PVC black and white mac... again a lady from my teen years... I thought she was a sexy lady...