Raincoats anyone?

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
pvculike

Raincoats anyone?

Post by pvculike »

I heard that you guys like raincoats?

Correct me if I'm wrong!
rainwearseeker

Re: Raincoats anyone?

Post by rainwearseeker »

is there going to be any new raincoat designs in the future?
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

If I buy a coat do I get the model free with it?
In my dreams I guess....lol
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

rainwearseeker wrote: October 28th, 2017, 2:53 am is there going to be any new raincoat designs in the future?
We presently offer over 50 designs of raincoat, at one point we were designing a new coat every month, we then realised that no one was buying these new designs so we cut back. We have just offered a new coat this month the "ruby" coat,https://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA86 two months ago we offered another new raincoat the "fascination" raincoat https://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA84 hopefully there is enough choice to keep everybody happy. ;)

Gaz
merv

Post by merv »

my only gripe is that all the 'unisex' designs appear to do up the woman's way, this is a shame as would much prefer them to do up the man's side
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

Merv has prompted me to contribute to this thread. Although I have the same "gripe", I don't want to sound like a whinger as Gary does such a fantastic job in supplying a wide selection of beautiful macs in so many styles, materials and colours and the 3 purchase I've made since 2006 is a pathetic contribution to keeping PVC-U-Like alive. Sorry !!!!

Back to the "gripe".

Gary, love your products, your website, your photos, everything. However, like Merv, I would like to see a better selection for men as the both of us seem to wear our plastic macs in public. The only suitable rainwear for men seem to be the one gent's raincoat, some ponchos and the unisex cagoule (and possibly some of your capes). As for the raincoat, I would like to see a shorter 3/4 length version and with poppers instead of buttons. I have bought a unisex cagoule from you many years ago and it had a lot of use outdoors. I also bought another on eBay but it is still in the packet as, although they are supposed to be "one-size", it is considerably larger than the one I bought from you. I would have preferred that the one supplied by you was a smaller size.

I currently have 3 Jeantex Toni raincoats but they are no longer available. I have toyed with the idea of getting a Pro-X Elements "Fred" mac and a "Dublin" poncho but I would much prefer to get a 3/4 length mac and smaller unisex cagoule from you. I am sure that you could make me a gent's raincoat and a unisex cagoule to my measurements; perhaps you could give me some idea of the cost.

I know this sounds like a whinge and I apologise but it's something that has been on my mind for a long time. Also, perhaps I should have spoken to you about this directly instead of through this site. Again, I apologise.

Jeff.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Hi Jeff, the coat above is our china made model RA01 and does up ladies right over left. We do manufacture the same coat in the UK RA02 so we can change the fastening. If you email us we can put poppers on doing up men' way and shorten it for a small charge. Let us know and we can send you a payment link.

Gaz
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

pvculike wrote: October 28th, 2017, 7:45 am
rainwearseeker wrote: October 28th, 2017, 2:53 am is there going to be any new raincoat designs in the future?
We presently offer over 50 designs of raincoat, at one point we were designing a new coat every month, we then realised that no one was buying these new designs so we cut back. We have just offered a new coat this month the "ruby" coat,https://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA86 two months ago we offered another new raincoat the "fascination" raincoat https://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA84 hopefully there is enough choice to keep everybody happy. ;)

Gaz
Could there be long raincoats with the duck billed hood design that covers the neck as well or similar to the 1950's designed hoods>
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

merv wrote: October 28th, 2017, 9:11 am my only gripe is that all the 'unisex' designs appear to do up the woman's way, this is a shame as would much prefer them to do up the man's side
Ironical then that nobody bats an eyelid if a woman wears a coat that buttons up "the man's way" but that certainly doesn't apply in reverse.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

WealdenMac wrote: October 29th, 2017, 10:14 pm
merv wrote: October 28th, 2017, 9:11 am my only gripe is that all the 'unisex' designs appear to do up the woman's way, this is a shame as would much prefer them to do up the man's side
Ironical then that nobody bats an eyelid if a woman wears a coat that buttons up "the man's way" but that certainly doesn't apply in reverse.
Yes but why?
Unisex is a problem You cannot win either way!