Kentucky Derby

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
plasphil

Kentucky Derby

Post by plasphil »

Apparently its a tradition to expect rain at the Kentucky Derby every May. There are a number of videos and images of this year's event, sadly not a lot of decent rainwear in evidence.

Phil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-GPOULOUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytjBH65jyDU
Bill_P

Re: Kentucky Derby

Post by Bill_P »

I can't believe how many of the owners wer walking on that muddy track in dress suits & shoes. At least most of the women had the good sense to wear wellies!
hazrainsuitman6

Post by hazrainsuitman6 »

It's often the case that here in the States, wellies are regarded as women's fashion in all aspects of life, but men only were wellies while doing blue collar work, :(
Onslow

Post by Onslow »

I agree about US ladies & rainboots . In California this year , despite much more rain than usual I don't think I saw one PVC mac wearer ! Hopefully this is only the normal rainwear fashion cycle & PVC/ plastic macs will re-emerge again in a year or so . However plenty of rainboots were being worn , even when it wasn't quite raining . I also noticed that they were worn all day in offices & not replaced while inside with lighter shoes. Unlike UK behavior , unless that has changed since I lived there 12 years ago .
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

When I worked in an office it was invariably the practice for women who wore wellies to change into more formal shoes indoors. The most spectacular example I can remember was when a tall colleague sat down on her chair, spread her legs, and proceeded to kick each of her shiny beige Russell and Bromley's off in turn. I didn't know where to look (alright I did).
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

WealdenMac wrote: July 3rd, 2017, 9:19 am When I worked in an office it was invariably the practice for women who wore wellies to change into more formal shoes indoors. The most spectacular example I can remember was when a tall colleague sat down on her chair, spread her legs, and proceeded to kick each of her shiny beige Russell and Bromley's off in turn. I didn't know where to look (alright I did).
lol lol!
Most offices/Employers require these days for their female workers/staff too wear proper shoes!
Wellies for travel then have to change!