Rukka 1977 catalogue (Part Two)

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
mason

Rukka 1977 catalogue (Part Two)

Post by mason »

PART TWO

(scroll upwards from bottom to view scans in order) ... enjoy!
earthing1974

Re: Rukka 1977 catalogue (Part Two)

Post by earthing1974 »

Thanks so much for posting. It would appear that modern offerings are just not even close.

Cheers,

PJ
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Thanks to Mason and plasphil in the other thread for reminding us how practical but also attractive the full range of the then Rukka macs were. The heavy duty shiny PVC used was top quality. I would have loved to have had one in shiny black myself but alas Rukka did not offer that material in its men's styles and I didn't have the nerve to wear a woman's coat, even though they were longer and thus far more practical. I therefore contented myself with one of their single breasted, press stud fastened, men's macs in matt navy blue and simply had to endure the wet knees and thighs suffered when out in heavy rain.

Incidentally, I understood from Castle Marine, a boating shop and Rukka stockist in Maidenhead, that they did sell more than a few shiny black macs to men. They did not seem particularly surprised about it. I imagine if somehow you got into the mack business back then without knowing that some people found them attractive in a sexual way, you pretty soon learnt.
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Great stuff, I guess anyone into rainwear knows the Rukka brand and I believe they fetch high prices on ebay etc. There must have been a very wide range as the pictures from the catalogue I put up are totally different styles of macs to these.

Phil
mason

Post by mason »

"Great stuff, I guess anyone into rainwear knows the Rukka brand and I believe they fetch high prices on ebay etc. There must have been a very wide range as the pictures from the catalogue I put up are totally different styles of macs to these."

They indeed fetch ridiculously high prices on e-bay nowdays ... particularly the shiny PVC numbers. Yellow and red are probably the most popular by far, closely followed by green, blue and maroon. Matte Rukkas are still relatively affordable, but that's changing as well. Anything with a belt also sells.

I hardly ever see shiny yellow Rukkas turn up on e-bay nowadays: their owners tend to hang onto them. I did see one (with a matching belt) on e-bay a couple of months ago; it sold for USD$700+

I've been lucky enough to pick up one shiny yellow Rukka (without belt), as well as a shiny blue number and two shiny green ones during the last couple of years; I absolutely love wearing them! They are very comfortable and surprisingly warm.
Rainwearlover

Post by Rainwearlover »

Thanx for sharing these!
Got more of the same type? what about the "sailing gear" from rukka, the normal type of jacket/trouser combo, any catalogue pics of that? Did rukka ever produce any bibs in the shiny pvc cottonbacked material?
How long did they use the thicker pvc (cottonbacked)? I think it looks like some sort of thinner material in the pics that Phil posted...
Love the old kind of rukka rainwear!

Rainwearlover
jmac

Post by jmac »

Thanks for sharing ! :D
RainMacFan

Post by RainMacFan »

Gorgeous stuff, thanks Mason!
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

Hi,

the pics posted long ago seem to be deleted.

I'm looking for some Rukka catalogue pics, esp. these two only to find in very poor resolution on the net:

If you have better quality pics help would be much appreciated :)
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless