'Waterloo Road'

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
frederique

Re: 'Waterloo Road'

Post by frederique »

this primark raincoat, is it a raincoat of this year ?
merv

Post by merv »

the primark mac was from last year, there are still loads of them available on ebay though. The one thing is that you never actually see anybody wearing them in the street just like the h&m ones form a couple of years back. Where they all went we can but wonder
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

merv wrote:the primark mac was from last year, there are still loads of them available on ebay though. The one thing is that you never actually see anybody wearing them in the street just like the h&m ones form a couple of years back. Where they all went we can but wonder
Wonder no more I think I have most of the Blue & Green ones in my wardrobe :(

There are a few problems with them

1. they are at least one size smaller than on the label, so any one who bought one without trying it on will be disappointed

2. the seams are quite weak so tend to split

3. some of the stud/buttons are loose so dont stay fastened , especially the top one

4. the neck is too high so if you do manage to fasten the top button the top of the mac cuts into your neck

So I guess its no surprise you dont see many about

Nevermind here's the Primark twins having fun
Fender

Post by Fender »

but they are really cheap on ebay.co.uk :)
only the smaller sizes are available :roll:
mason

Post by mason »

Fender wrote:but they are really cheap on ebay.co.uk :)
they are indeed cheap: I bought two of the green ones for 99p - each! - from one disappoiunted (and rude) seller... she wasn't happy at all

but the pink ones are nowhere to be seen though :-(
Fender

Post by Fender »

saw them often in size 10-12 Mase but good 4 weeks ago
merv

Post by merv »

I suspect Mason that afew greedy people thought they could buy these cheap primark macs and make a killing on ebay. To date I equally suspect they are disappointed. have seen several with big asking rices remain unsold.
As for the quality Ray, it is hardly surprising that it is poor. Primark is the bottom end of the market. The stuff is cheap and very poor quality. Sees no more likely that teh raincoats would be better than anything else that shop sells
rainwear-experience

mason wrote:
Fender wrote:but they are really cheap on ebay.co.uk :)
they are indeed cheap: I bought two of the green ones for 99p - each! - from one disappoiunted (and rude) seller... she wasn't happy at all

but the pink ones are nowhere to be seen though :-(
Tough luck, I hate sellers like that, if you list it at 99p to avoid the listing fee then you have to be happy for them to sell at 99p, if she wanted more she should have started if higher
rainwear-experience

merv wrote:I suspect Mason that afew greedy people thought they could buy these cheap primark macs and make a killing on ebay. To date I equally suspect they are disappointed. have seen several with big asking rices remain unsold.
As for the quality Ray, it is hardly surprising that it is poor. Primark is the bottom end of the market. The stuff is cheap and very poor quality. Sees no more likely that teh raincoats would be better than anything else that shop sells
Last year they regularly went for £15-£20 and earlier this year I saw one go for over £30, while I couldnt say the seller was telling lies - the description was very creative :D

Not somewhere Id normally shop Merv but at a fiver each they at least last a couple of shoots