I really love her shiny mac

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
bethbennett202

I really love her shiny mac

Post by bethbennett202 »

https://youtu.be/J_dlcbslU5k probably best shiny mac I'll see in my lifetime it's such a lovely moment for mac history
rainmacmad

Re: I really love her shiny mac

Post by rainmacmad »

It is lovely. I trier to find the name of the film but couldn't. There is some lovely stuff her too Beth.
https://www.armorlux.com/en/dufflecoats ... rine_moyen
Domino

Post by Domino »

Beth, that clip comes from a 1966 episode of a TV series called 'Danger Man' (Season 3) entitled 'The Man with the Foot'. The actress wearing the mac is Isobel Black. She was the daughter of screenwriter Ian Stuart Black, who wrote for a lot of TV series, (though not that episode).
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

Yes...it is a fabulous mac (especially on Isobel )..and it was quite a good programme as well..although not as 'out there ' as The Prisoner, which was an absolute classic series..back then and still is.
!00 % to Domino for his detail knowledge.
rainmacmad

Post by rainmacmad »

rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Domino wrote: October 31st, 2019, 4:34 pm Beth, that clip comes from a 1966 episode of a TV series called 'Danger Man' (Season 3) entitled 'The Man with the Foot'. The actress wearing the mac is Isobel Black. She was the daughter of screenwriter Ian Stuart Black, who wrote for a lot of TV series, (though not that episode).
'The Man with the Foot' - Lucky guy I'm lucky if I can manage 6 inches, especially in this cold weather :( ;)
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Thank you for sharing

Do you know if it was made in colour and transferred to B&W for television ;)
Domino

Post by Domino »

Ray, only the final Season 4 of 'Danger Man' was made in colour, the first three seasons were made in B&W.

Shinymacs, did you realise that Number Six in 'The Prisoner' was intended to be John Drake, the central character in 'Danger Man'? This was never stated in any episode of the series, but eventually it was admitted by Patrick McGoohan, who created and was executive producer of the series as well as starring in it. He had previously been rather cryptic about this, saying it was an 'allegorical conundrum'. McGoohan wrote three of the episodes himself, including the final two. At the time, many people (myself included) considered these were a bit of a disappointment.
Jimson45

Post by Jimson45 »

yes - those are great!