Viking Rubber Co. PVC and PU products

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
ATheViking

Viking Rubber Co. PVC and PU products

Post by ATheViking »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but "old in the business of Rainwear"
Our website is visited quite often from this forum, so I figured you might have ideas and feedback about Rainwear.

My company started in 1935 making high quality rainwear in Denmark, the company is www.viking-rubber.com. Today we manufacture in Vietnam with a great focus on CSR.
I am here in a professional manner, to get feedback of our products, and to learn about needs around in this sector of Rainwear. If you have ideas for products, you now know who can make it :idea:

As this is my first real post, I would like to ask for feedback from the ones who know our products.

Do you know our products, and what do you think?

I look forward to seeing your answers

Best regards
Alexander Andersen
TStorm56

Re: Viking Rubber Co. PVC and PU products

Post by TStorm56 »

I have some viking rubber products I have gotten off of eBay. Some new, and some vintage. They are very good quality.

My first suggestion is to consider making your PVC based rain jackets, smocks, bib trousers, and sou'westers in the color yellow, as an addition to green and orange, which is already present. My second suggestion is to possibly look into the viability of bringing back a few of your retro designs and selling them as fashion rainwear. 66North did this a number of years ago, and I think they are still continuing it today with a few pieces of rainwear. Grundens also did this but I don't believe they were successful with it due to lack of marketing.
ATheViking

Re: Viking Rubber Co. PVC and PU products

Post by ATheViking »

Hi @TStorm56,

Thanks for the comment, It's good to hear you find it of high quality!

first suggestion
Making a line in yellow would deffinately be possible. The reason why we do not have this anymore is the quantities for that particular color, but I agree it's a nice color and the products are not of worse quality just because we made it in yellow. It would fit in the BUDGET or POPULAR collecitons.

Second suggestion
We would like to bring some of our smocks and proffesional rainwear into fashion styles. Off course this all require great sales channels which we at the moment don't know. BUt I promiss I will hold my eyes open for this possibility.

Thanks again for the comment!

/Alexander