Hunter "rubberized" raincoat

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
Bill_P

Hunter "rubberized" raincoat

Post by Bill_P »

https://www.hunterboots.com/us/en_us/ma ... t/red/2398

Just received this beauty in the mail yesterday. I had been hemming and hawing over whether or not to try a Hunter raincoat, and the current 30% off sale sealed the deal for me. I got the red one, to go with my red Hunter wellies & bubble umbrella. I would have preferred the "rubberized" hunting coat as it's slightly longer and has a hood, but it wasn't on sale, and they never seem to have them available in an XXL in the USA. Nonetheless, I am more than happy with this purchase.

First of all, the term "Rubberized" is a bit of a misnomer, as the material is just a polyurethane/polyester blend. But it's very soft, and a nice roomy fit, so no worries about the sizes running small. Really comfortable to wear. The construction seems really solid, which was one of the things I had worried about, given the issues of quality with their wellies since moving production to China. Zipper and snap closures, so it seals up tight, and also no worries about material getting caught in the zipper. Overall it looks like a fantastic piece that will be part of my collection for many years to come.
olympic

Re: Hunter "rubberized" raincoat

Post by olympic »

i would rather stick to rkd rubber rainwear, prices are great and there is a good variety to choose from, i also like the condor brand rubber raincoats/jackets/ pants/hood. can be ordered from zoro or grainer or other industrial supply companies. prices are very reasonable and the best part they are all REAL RUBBER. BOTH RKD RUBBER AND CONDOR BRAND ALL REAL RUBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!