PVC Romper

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
PVC Raincoat

PVC Romper

Post by PVC Raincoat » March 29th, 2018, 11:59 pm

I got me one of these and was very pleased with the way it fit and felt, although I was not keen on the smell.
So I thought I can go out with this on under my clothes and it was great all the time I was standing up/walking around.
As soon as I sat down it split from the bottom of the zip in the back through to the front, almost to my belly button.
It lasted a total of about 30 mins.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unisex-Trans ... uQNVSNfKrw

Afterwards I thought, I bet Gary could make one that actually fits well, feels fantastic and smells wonderful, what do you say Garry?

Kinky-In-Scotland

Re: PVC Romper

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland » March 30th, 2018, 1:13 am

It would probably cost nearer £40 from PUL with the inevitable ridiculous postage cost as well, you get what you pay for.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!

MrDoudy

Re: PVC Romper

Post by MrDoudy » April 2nd, 2018, 1:32 pm

I bought one of these myself. I love the smoky black material just like the plastic macs I wore all those years ago as a teenager (and sometimes still do!). I too found it fitted well and felt great in it. However I also had the problems with splitting, not all the way up but around the bottom of the zip. As the zip is at the rear, doing it up by myself was impossible, as by the time the zip was half way up my back I couldn't reach far enough behind myself to pull it up any further, and in twisting to try, I slightly tore the plastic around the zip. I solved the problem by tying a length of string through the hole in the zipper, just long enough that I could grab the string from behind to pull the zipper up further when I could no longer reach to grab the zipper pull itself. The arrangement is also great when you want to unzip yourself after wearing the romper. Though there is still the slight rip round the zipper from when I first damaged it. it's held enough for me to continue using the romper with care.
I found it especially pleasing to wear the romper suit under my clothes when out in my plastic mac, the plastic of my mac sliding over my clothing whilst the plastic of my romper slides over my skin underneath.