RAINS

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
Bill_P

RAINS

Post by Bill_P »

Been hemming and hawing for a while about buying one of RAINS' offerings, but when I saw their newest arrivals I had to take the plunge. https://www.us.rains.com/collections/new-arrivals

Any fears I had about them being too small were quickly dispelled. The L/XL is actually a perfect fit even on my husky frame. I couldn't decide between the LTD long jacket in glossy mint green, or the LTD Mackintosh in clear plastic, so I went with both! I especially love the clear mac, the plastic has a slightly rubbery feel to it and makes a great sound when you walk in it. Got rain in the forecast for tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping to get a chance to wear it to work.
spitfire617

Re: RAINS

Post by spitfire617 »

Bill_P wrote: October 8th, 2018, 11:18 pm Been hemming and hawing for a while about buying one of RAINS' offerings, but when I saw their newest arrivals I had to take the plunge. https://www.us.rains.com/collections/new-arrivals

Any fears I had about them being too small were quickly dispelled. The L/XL is actually a perfect fit even on my husky frame. I couldn't decide between the LTD long jacket in glossy mint green, or the LTD Mackintosh in clear plastic, so I went with both! I especially love the clear mac, the plastic has a slightly rubbery feel to it and makes a great sound when you walk in it. Got rain in the forecast for tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping to get a chance to wear it to work.
Nice I do not know about the transparent one?
Nice colours on that site.

Paul
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I can vouch for the sensuousness of the clear plastic. I have a black Rains mackintosh with a clear panel added across the back. Although I am a 38/40 chest I had to buy an L/XL to fit comfortably over a jacket.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

WealdenMac wrote: October 15th, 2018, 1:59 pm I can vouch for the sensuousness of the clear plastic. I have a black Rains mackintosh with a clear panel added across the back. Although I am a 38/40 chest I had to buy an L/XL to fit comfortably over a jacket.
Trouble with Rains item (So it seems to me I may be wrong) They only go up to XL and I would like one for Colleen to wear and she is XXL
Same as Stutterheim Coats they are XL
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

spitfire617 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 9:42 am
WealdenMac wrote: October 15th, 2018, 1:59 pm I can vouch for the sensuousness of the clear plastic. I have a black Rains mackintosh with a clear panel added across the back. Although I am a 38/40 chest I had to buy an L/XL to fit comfortably over a jacket.
Trouble with Rains item (So it seems to me I may be wrong) They only go up to XL and I would like one for Colleen to wear and she is XXL
The website advises to buy a size down from normal but I also have a M/L mac that fits quite tightly over just a jumper (and trousers).
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

WealdenMac wrote: October 17th, 2018, 2:10 pm
spitfire617 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 9:42 am
The website advises to buy a size down from normal but I also have a M/L mac that fits quite tightly over just a jumper (and trousers).
Thank you for that I did not look at their size chart!
Next though Do I want to pay that ammount for a rain coat when Elements rainwear/PVC-U-LIKE have something similar for half the price?
merv

Post by merv »

just seen this on ebay, may be of use to somebody, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNWT-Rains-N ... %7Ciid%3A1

would say, it is nothing to do with me, I justs potted it and thought it may appeal to somebody