Lorraine's/Rajkumar's Rainwear Club: The End?

News about website updates or links to new content like groups or youtube.
bjhaus

Lorraine's/Rajkumar's Rainwear Club: The End?

Post by bjhaus »

It seems this site, which has been a valuable source of information about rainwear in the mass-media for as long as there has been an Internet, has been taken down.

Thanks Lorraine and all other contributors for your efforts over many years.
Bill_P

Re: Lorraine's/Rajkumar's Rainwear Club: The End?

Post by Bill_P »

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

Yes I noticed that the club site had now gone. Is this permanent or just a glitch. I have been visiting that site for many years and made a few contributions, so sad to see it disappear.
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

:cry: Yes I noticed that the club site had now gone. Is this permanent or just a glitch. I have been visiting that site for many years and made a few contributions, so sad to see it disappear.
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

It now appears to be back online. I have no idea how long it will remain. The web address is
http://rainflair.co.uk/club/clubdoor.htm
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Yes, I did check out this site.

The problem seems to be that the last month reported was July and no mention of August and no idea of September as well.

So, no idea of the future!!!
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

The club seemed to come back with a blog for November and a few new videos in the box, however today I clicked onto the site and it has disappeared completely and replaced by a message saying the account has been suspended. Goodness knows what has happened this time.
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

The club seemed to come back with a blog for November and a few new videos in the box, however today I clicked onto the site and it has disappeared completely and replaced by a message saying the account has been suspended. Goodness knows what has happened this time.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Account suspended probably means they didn't pay their web hosting service for the month. I wonder, if Rajkumar is paying the bills now, if this is related to the demonetisation of the Indian rupee. Apparently the entire country has been thrown into chaos & businesses are shut down all over. I ordered a raincoat from them that was supposed to ship a week ago, and this is what I was told this morning:

"Yes it is ready and lying to pick up...as the country has stopped all currency has been demonetised...we are all sitting at home. No work is going on everything is standing still...chaos is there everywhere from the 8th of Novenber...kindly wait."

Apparently the repercussions of my fellow countrymen electing an orange hued demon as President are being felt all over the globe. Although the Rupee has been losing value for years, but the events of November 8th have only served to exacerbate matters.