PVC-U-LIKE Website

News about website updates or links to new content like groups or youtube.
pvcdreams.old

PVC-U-LIKE Website

Post by pvcdreams.old »

Hi Guys

Just in case you have been in a cave for the last couple of weeks the new PVC-U-LIKE website is now up and running.

Loads of new products, new materials, promotions and cheap macs if you fancy treating yourself!

With all this rain about you might want a pair of these

http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BO04

or these

http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BO05

or you might fancy a nice soft rubbery smooth raincoat for just £15!

http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA01ms

Happy times!

Gazzer :D
spitfire617

Re: PVC-U-LIKE Website

Post by spitfire617 »

http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA01ms
That one I like!
In the royal Blue
It has got possibilities!
Best wishes

Paul
dave62

Post by dave62 »

Gazzer,

As someone who has bought enough from your great company to buy a car (OK, a cheap used car!), I would like to congradulate you on a great site upgrade.
I really, and more importantly, my wife, likes your great PJ-1's. I still think you might look at selling the bottoms seperately, and offer a shorter version than those long pants. My wife keeps cutting mine to knee length! Also, show a picture that indicates what the placket is.

But the site looks really nice. A simple and heartfelt thank you for supporting us.
pvcdreams.old

Post by pvcdreams.old »

dave62 wrote:Gazzer,

As someone who has bought enough from your great company to buy a car (OK, a cheap used car!), I would like to congradulate you on a great site upgrade.
I really, and more importantly, my wife, likes your great PJ-1's. I still think you might look at selling the bottoms seperately, and offer a shorter version than those long pants. My wife keeps cutting mine to knee length! Also, show a picture that indicates what the placket is.

But the site looks really nice. A simple and heartfelt thank you for supporting us.
Hi Dave

Thanks for the feedback and its good to know we're doing something right. As with anything new there have been a few moans but we are trying to get up to date with the times. The new site has much better navigation and with your own log in you can view old orders and be kept up to date with new ones.

As ever, we are always looking for that elusive PVC that ticks all the boxes which may explain why we now have 35 tonnes of PVC stored in various places! and presently we are exploring four new suppliers of PVC material and finished garments which we will roll out over the course of this year.

Cheers

Gaz
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

I too appreciate your new website and thanks for publishing. I'm still seeking material that is translucent, noisy and stiff. Do you have that in any of the garments?
dave62

Post by dave62 »

Gaz,

The one eluding me is another source of PVC that is like Gary maufacturing in the USA, their Euroflex. I undertand it is a different type of material (reading Shop4PVC website). I, and more importantly my wife, like a lot of your materials. But Euroflex, it's just so good. And for whatever reason, you can sleep in it and get very little sweating.

Let us all know when you find that material.

Dave
Rubberboy87

Post by Rubberboy87 »

It's always nice when a vendor decides to upgrade their website, something a lot of companies forget.

But on that note i would like to help you with a few mistake i think you have made, and you could benefit from changing. I do this because i like your site, and the products you sell.

One of them is something called redirects or permalinks. The idea is that your links may never change, but if they do you should at least redirect the user to the new url where the same content is placed.

Right now if one of your products is linked from the old site eg http://www.pvc-u-like.com/store/showitem.asp?id=2448, all you will get is a blank page saying "The page cannot be found".
This creates an issue because people who have linked to your products from a lot of different sites will get a blank page when they click on the link, and then you may have just lost a potential sale.
Another issue is that you also lose page-ranking (SEO) from all those old links because they are invalid.

The good news is that you can fix this by creating redirects from the old urls to the new urls where the product is located.
Of course there will be a lot of manuel work creating all those redirects for all the products, unless you have a document which maps the old product ids to the new ones. In any case i would say it is worth it.

An easy fix to this problem could be to redirect all old urls to the mainsite so they don't get the blank page, this is of course your call.

Another thing that i find a bit annoying which were also the case on the old site, is that it is hard to figure around in the different colors / materials. It would be nice if there were pictures of all the different variants of the product. I know that this would be a major piece of work but if there at least were the color names on the product which you had pictures for, that would be nice.
An interesting thing for you to measure according to sales is if products with pictures / color description is selling better than the ones without. This could motivate to get more pictures taken.

I have noticed that you with the new site already have tried to make it easier to choose colors by updating the picture with the corresponding color when choosen in the dropdown. This is nice but could use a bit more work.
One issue that i find annoying is that when i have selected one color, it is not possible for me to use "arrow up / down / left / right" to change the color / picture, since it only updates with mouse clicks. This should be easily fixed by making it update when the dropdown has been changed, or on arrow key use.

Something else that i would also like to see with the color chooser is an easier way to select the colors than the current dropdown. Maybe a dropdown which showed a small thumbnail of the pictures. It could also be nice with some categories in the selector like solid materials, transparent, semi transparent and so on.

Another problem i have notice is that none of your pages except the mainpage and contact have a title.
If you look at http://pvc-u-like.com vs http://pvc-u-like.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RA08 you will see that the first one in the addressbar / tab area have a title called "PVC-U-LIKE : Your one stop shop for PVC Plastic Vinyl and Rubber Clothing" where the other doesn't have any and the browser usually default to showing the url.
The second one should of course in the title read "Fashion Jacket" which is the product on the site.
This might be something you need to change a setting in your e-shop solution, or contact the developer who made it.

And last; i feel you have taken the site more towards making it a sex shop site with the sex toys category, instead of a fetish rainwear site. I remember some of the products being there before, but i just feel they just do not fit in, and you should remove them. This if of course just my opinion.

I hope you will look into this and consider my ideas and that you see this as constructive criticism and not negative.

Feel free to ask me if you feel you need more information on the subject.
pvcdreams.old

Post by pvcdreams.old »

Thanks for the feedback rubberboy.

The site is a "off the shelf" ecommerce site and although it is a great improvement on our old site it is quite complicated to make changes to its structure. The old site was exclusively written by my website developer and had a lot more flexibility if we wanted to make changes however the old site didn't have a modern shopping cart system.

I will certainly discuss your comments with the web developer and see whether improvements can be made in the future, for the time being we want the site to "settle" down before we start making any changes.

Once again, thank you for your interest.

regards

Gary
george537

Post by george537 »

where have the 3or4xl sizes gone mainly in pants
pvcdreams.old

Post by pvcdreams.old »

george537 wrote:where have the 3or4xl sizes gone mainly in pants
Hi George

Give us a call and we can add sizes to pants if you have a particular style you are interested in, we can add the sizes back on if we have the patterns to hand.

gazzer