south coast walk and mud

If you are interested to meet your fellow forum members this is where to set up a meeting.
Winterboots

Re: south coast walk and mud

Post by Winterboots »

Sounds good to me, I'm based in Hampshire
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

That seems a nice place looking at google earth!
Winterboots

Post by Winterboots »

I definitely like the sound of that too!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I don't know exactly where you are based,but there is a good place near Wareham, Dorset. The bridge that takes the Wareham bypass over the river Frome has a lot of mud underneath one of the arches, and there is also the river itself to get cleaned off afterwards. There is no public access, but if you go early in the morning no ever bothered me. You used to be able to leave your car in Stoborough with no charge.
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

It's not strictly the south coat, but depending on where you are, either the severn estuary by the old Severn bridge (wide mudflats that mostly aren't too deep, but hit at least thigh deep in some of the creeks) or burnham on sea (soft mudflats from calf deep or deeper, exercise caution) might be options
MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie »

There's also good mud along from Lyme Regis, and as girlinwellies notes, "fossil hunting" is a perfectly decent explanation for what you are doing there.
Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule »

Some lovely slippy mud near frampton on severn and frethern on the banks of the severn and quite secluded for those who don’t want to be seen :)
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

How did your search for muddy places go, Valenteen? Did you manage to visit any of the places mentioned?