south coast walk and mud

If you are interested to meet your fellow forum members this is where to set up a meeting.
valenteen

south coast walk and mud

Post by valenteen » April 11th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Anyone around the south coast, I want to find some great riverbank mud, perhaps someone knows of some and we could meet up for a walk/explore, perhaps fall in? lol.

Perhaps you know somewhere but have not been yet, I love exploring areas I find on the map for mud, some are good, some are not, but it's great fun dressing up in rainwear and trying, it's the perfect time of year, who's up for it?

Not after anything sexual or relationship, just really want to meet like minded rainwear people and find some great mud. :)

Winterboots

Re: south coast walk and mud

Post by Winterboots » April 12th, 2018, 6:53 am

Sounds good to me, I'm based in Hampshire

Girlinwellies

Post by Girlinwellies » April 12th, 2018, 11:24 am

There is some really good mud at high cliff near Christchurch a little exposed through the day but always good on the night ranges from ankle deep to waist deep in places

spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 » April 12th, 2018, 1:58 pm

That seems a nice place looking at google earth!

valenteen

Post by valenteen » April 12th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Has anyone been to this spot before, girlinwellies it sounds like you have?

Are you all close and going down?

What rainwear do people think they will have on?

Girlinwellies

Post by Girlinwellies » April 12th, 2018, 3:38 pm

I have been a few times when I lived down south and spent many exciting hours up on the cliffs
The cliffs still own a pair of pink rubber boots of mine from when I was a teenager after they were sucked off by the mud
It’s really worth a look down there and if your wearing rainwear and wellies you will fit in just right cause it’s full of fossil hunters
If there has been some serious rain the mud often washes down to the beach in a sticky liquid form which is also nice to play in
Be warned tho it’s sticky in places and I wouldn’t go by yourself unless your prepared to dig yourself out if you get stuck

Winterboots

Post by Winterboots » April 12th, 2018, 4:47 pm

I definitely like the sound of that too!

Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper » April 13th, 2018, 9:53 am

I don't know exactly where you are based,but there is a good place near Wareham, Dorset. The bridge that takes the Wareham bypass over the river Frome has a lot of mud underneath one of the arches, and there is also the river itself to get cleaned off afterwards. There is no public access, but if you go early in the morning no ever bothered me. You used to be able to leave your car in Stoborough with no charge.

valenteen

Post by valenteen » April 13th, 2018, 4:16 pm

These all sound like great options, I really want to visit some of them.

MuddyKatie

Post by MuddyKatie » April 14th, 2018, 5:36 pm

It's not strictly the south coat, but depending on where you are, either the severn estuary by the old Severn bridge (wide mudflats that mostly aren't too deep, but hit at least thigh deep in some of the creeks) or burnham on sea (soft mudflats from calf deep or deeper, exercise caution) might be options