An enchanting redolence

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Signalache

An enchanting redolence

Post by Signalache »

I was descending the spiral steps from the organ loft of my university chapel in the dark when I was assailed by a ravishing fragrance. At the bottom, standing in a ray of sun, a woman in a brownish-yellow mackintosh was waiting to go up. An arresting odour simply exuded from that waterproof of hers and was funnelled up the narrow stone stairwell. I have rarely experienced the unadulterated smell of ripe rubber so intensely. Perhaps the age of that garment was a factor in its redolence; I was stifled by it. But, alas, how evanescent is a smell, easily sniffed away and exhausted in a single breath. What I'd have given to have that mackintosh of hers for my very own to inhale its bouquet over and over again! For even to imagine being enveloped and pervaded by that smell produces a fever in the loins. But I was shy and pushed past pretending not to notice.
rubnylon2

Re: An enchanting redolence

Post by rubnylon2 »

Such pleasures always treasured
Taffmac

Re: An enchanting redolence

Post by Taffmac »

Reminds me of the time that I was sent to Sunday school on a wet day wearing my black semi-see-through plastic mac and seeing that two young female Sunday school teachers had draped their wet see-through plastic macs over the pews at the back of the church to dry. After much excitement at seeing these macs I waited outside the church in the hope that I would see them wearing their macs as they left but they did not appear. You never forget these little instances even after nearly 60 years.