Scottish Bogs

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
HarlequinKing96

Scottish Bogs

Post by HarlequinKing96 »

My godparents live in Scotland, so I’ve been up there a few times in my life (though sadly it’s been quite a few years since I’ve been). I particularly love going up in the autumn or winter months; as the only member of my family who doesn’t care for sunny weather, I always find it pleasant to be in an area where there’s a lot of rain, and more of a chance for snow in winter. In particular, it allows for me to have fun in the mud that Scotland offers, which is frequently abundant!

One time I remember most vividly occurred when we went up one October. With a lot of rain coming down, much to my pleasure, my wellies were packed up as always, ready for some country walking. Indeed, one day a good chunk of both of our families set off for a walk – me, my godbrother, my youngest godsister and all our parents (only my sister and my older godsister stayed behind). All of us were kitted up in our wellies and woollies, and me and my godsiblings enjoyed all the fruits the rain had given us, jumping into deep puddles filled with mud and getting our wellies dirty!

Then my godbrother told me he knew somewhere the two of us could go for more fun – our parents agreed and we went off together, stomping through fields to get to where he wanted. I was jumping with anticipation at where he was taking us – his lips were sealed to where our destination would be!

We arrived at our target, and I was enraptured by the sight. In front of us was a large bog filled to the brim with mud! My godbrother explained that he had run across it and was waiting with anticipation to play in it with somebody, and since he knew of my love of mud wallowing he thought I’d be the perfect test partner! Holding hands and giggling, we tentatively stepped into the bog, which produced lovely bubbles on top and emitted lovely squelches as we stomped through. We slowly walked through, with the mud starting to coat our wellies – my red and his green started to disappear to the deep brown. Then they completely disappeared beneath the surface and mud began to seep in! Our jeans started to get some coverage, though it was all still below the knees.

Getting to the other side of the bog, we clambered out, knowing just how good the bog was. Now the test run was complete, we decided to get even muddier, so we held onto each other’s hands and leapt in! The mud came up to our waists, it was so lovely and deep! Then something fun happened – we tried to get out and one of my feet left my wellies, leading to me accidentally placing my woolly sock into the mud! My godbrother laughed at this, but he soon found his welly was also jammed, leading to him also receiving a muddy sock! We had to bend down far and dig them out, leading to our hands getting grubby – we dealt with that by wiping them on our chests, leading to some dirty jumpers!

Next I showed him one of my trademark arsesplashes, where you leap into the mud arse first. This lead to mud splashing up onto me, landing onto more of my jumper! He followed suit, and we waggled our wellies up in the air, laughing a lot! We continued in this vein, performing bellyflops and backflops into the mud to ensure our dirtiness. Then came the grand finale – head dunking! Our faces were so filthy afterwards, whilst my godbrother’s blonde hair turned a deep shade of brown! I even took off my bobble hat and scooped mud into it before putting it back onto my head, leading to full coverage.

We clambered out of the mud, exhausted at our fun, and just sat on the bank catching our breaths. Grinning cheekily, we looked at how dirty we both were – not one bit of colour could be seen under all the mud! Once we’d recovered we set off for home – mud slopped out of our wellies as we stomped, leaving behind a lovely trail of mud, and we both continued laughing our arses off at the fun we’d had, as well as snorting like pigs to show just how committed to wallowing we were!

Our parents were utterly shocked at just how filthy we had gotten – they hadn’t seen me at my filthiest before! We had to be thoroughly hosed down and our clothes took a long time to clean, but they were ultimately glad that we had had such fun. I’d really like to return to Scotland soon armed with my wellies and a lot of warm clothes – maybe I’ll live there one day!
Beth xxx
boy

Re: Scottish Bogs

Post by boy »

Hi Beth,

Your story is absolutely amazing! Did your godparents know what your godbrother was up to? I guess he must told his parents where he wanted to go to. I think it is very kind of your parents to let you play in mud like this even that you kids turned out muddier than they probably expected :D
I grew up with constant reminders to stay clean and to keep out of the puddles and to stay on the dry side of the path and so on. Only as an adult am I now able to play in the rain, the puddles, and the mud and I absolutely love it.

In Sweden is a manufacturer of raingear. I own several jackets and dungarees because they have a high rise and look very child-like. Maybe you have heard of farmerrain.com?
Farm holiday is offered in Germany quite often and I discovered a nice farm a few years ago. The farmer let me get as dirty as I want in whatever mud I want ;) The PVC raingear rinses off easily which they did when it became necessary (which was about twice a day). They even suggested that I take a swim in a big muddy pond in the woods :)

You may have guessed it I'm German and I apologize for my poor English.

Keep on writing!

Boy (clean and dry today)