Escape to the Country Part 1

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
ganthj

Escape to the Country Part 1

Post by ganthj »

ESCAPE TO THE COUNTRY: PART ONE

I usually manage to get out of London twice a month for a long weekend on the country house estate about 150 miles away where I rent a good sized outbuilding that has been converted into comfortable accommodation. It is an escape from the noise and crowds of London and business pressures. The estate feels very remote, it is quiet and peaceful and very dark at night.

I have never made a big secret about being gay, but I had been more circumspect about my particular interests, for I am turned on by waterproof gear and rainwear. Anyone looking inside the cupboards in my London flat would have had no doubt given the size of the collection of nylon waterproofs (the noisier the better) motorbike kit, chemical protection suits, raingear and wet and dry suits. A wetsuit had been an early acquisition when I began to collect kit because I could justify it to myself as gear meant for everyday use for wind surfing and diving. The temptation, of course, was to wear the suit and the nylon waterproofs every day and not for surfing or diving or walking in the rain. The use of the place in the country gave the excuse to carry on collecting, to add more raingear, biker gear and heavy, waterproof industrial rubber. An interest in bondage meant that there was a growing collection of hoods, gags, gas masks, handcuffs, manacles, belts and straps and two straitjackets, one that fitted well under waterproofs and one that was roomy enough to have a layer of kit underneath.

On a recent weekend in the country, the Saturday dawned wet and windy, typical for an early spring day in England, but by late morning there was a break in the weather, although the clouds were still threatening and it looked as though there was going to be more rain. A long distance footpath skirts the back of the property and a walk would give me the exercise that I needed, the opportunity to work out the response to the further business E-mails that had come flying in (for I stay in touch with work when I am there) and to think about what I would want to do with Charles.

Charles had contacted me through a website for rainwear enthusiasts. He was young and enthusiastic but both of those could be handled and very keen on waterproofs, having been building a collection since he was a teenager. That was a definite plus as was his location, less than 50 miles from the estate. He wanted to be kept in kit, controlled and restrained for a weekend and that was feasible but it was only sensible (as well as enjoyable) to do some planning in my mind.

The weather ensured that I was going to head out in kit. I did this when the opportunity and justification arose, one of the reasons was that the people I passed would have no idea of what was going on or of the various layers hidden under the outer waterproofs, as far as anyone else was concerned, I would be just another walker properly kitted out in foul weather gear. Having the access to the footpath so close also meant that I could set out as soon as I was in kit, there was no need to drive anywhere with the attendant risks this involved of incidents and the need for explanations.

In the room where I kept the kit, I rapidly picked out the items I wanted. There was a trade-off between the desire to be in several layers of kit to increase the intensity of the experience and the need to be able to walk. Once I had stripped, first on was a pair of black plastic pants, followed by an all in one, black nylon hooded waterproof suit, originally intended for use when fishing. Walking boots went on and this allowed the studs at the bottom of each of the legs of the nylon suit to be secured. To make sure that this layer was not going to come off in a hurry, I added a heavy duty black rubber belt and, once this was fastened, I threaded the hasp of a padlock through the closest hole to the outside of the buckle and snapped the lock shut. Now there was no way to remove the nylon suit until I had access to the key to the padlock and that would take time as it was frozen into a lump of ice in the freezer (as soon as the lock was undone I made sure that the key went back into the freezer in a ramekin filled with water so that there could be no release until the solid block of ice thawed and, although the ramekin would be out and on the side in the utility room by the time that I left for the walk, access to the key required a longish wait, for the self-imposed rule was that the thawing process could not be hurried through running the ramekin in hot water). The top layer was my old and well used and abused two piece suit in black rubber, partly because I liked it as a piece of kit, partly because it had a hooded jacket and partly as gear designed for the wilds of Canada it could certainly cope with the demands of a wet spring day in England. Working the bib and braces style trousers up over the nylon suit was a bit of a struggle, but eventually they were in place, as was the hooded jacket, studded shut and with another heavy rubber belt added to keep it neat (this one, however, without a padlock so as not to attract too much attention, although, of course, I suspected that the number of people out walking in black rubber was bound to be limited, so some interest could be anticipated). Before putting on the rubber jacket, I had pulled the hood of the nylon suit up over my head so that it would still be accessible when my top waterproof layer was in place.

Checking that the extra kit I might need later was in my backpack, I set the burglar alarm, pulled neoprene mitts onto my hands and the hoods of the nylon suit and the rubber jacket up over my head and headed off into the rain that was now falling hard. At first the gear felt cold and clammy, but it soon began to warm and I enjoyed the sensation of the waterproof kit and the rhythmic noise as I turned out of the estate drive onto the path. A bit further along the path, there was a steep climb to the top of a hill and that brought on a good sweat; I had to stop once to draw breath. Nearing the top, I came into the full force of the wind and the driving rain and I stopped in the lee of a low tree, to take advantage of the shelter while I made sure I was prepared for the next stage.

My glasses were more hindrance than help in the heavy rain, so I took them off and put them carefully away in a case that went into a side pocket of the backpack. While the pack was open, I took out a wetsuit hood in neoprene, which I drew down over my head before I pulled the two other hoods back into position. The wetsuit hood would be hidden and I should still be able to hear a little, although it was raining so hard that the only real noise would be the drops against the rubber of the outer hood. The draw cord of the jacket hood tightly knotted, the neoprene over-mitts, removed for the adjustments, back on my hands and the backpack fastened and over my shoulder, I started off again.

At the top of the hill, the driving rain and low cloud closed in but the path was well marked and I knew the route. I continued my way as the rain beat down, making good time, dry in my waterproof cocoon. A few walkers had loomed out of the mist, muffled and hooded, a quick acknowledgement then past and away; more interesting were the occasional cyclists, one in an old fashioned yellow oilskin cape, billowing in the wind (now more of a gale) how tempting to reduce him to a neatly bound and secured package; gagged, hooded and strapped to a tree……

Because of the rain, as I had suspected would be the case, there were soon no more walkers or cyclists, I was on my own for the next stretch and I moved up the lower edge of the wetsuit hood so it covered my mouth, giving more shelter from the rain and muffling any complaints I might make about the weather. As I squelched along the track, I thought about the cyclists and what might be done to them and what would happen if I met another walker who just happened to be in layers of waterproofs and a drysuit underneath, for I was sure that such things happened, and then some more about Charles, for I had already decided that the weekend visit would happen.
souwester

Re: Escape to the Country Part 1

Post by souwester »

:) brilliant
Nick York

Post by Nick York »

Hear! Hear! Can almost smell the fabrics and feel the heat. Many things really resonate here.
KlepperGuy

Post by KlepperGuy »

A good read and a good story capturing the essence of rubber and rainwear that many of us appreciate........Thanks hope to read more.
Straitjacketed

(Deleted)

Post by Straitjacketed »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Straitjacketed on December 30th, 2021, 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johnnyrbr

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I'm also in the queue to have that yellow oilskin on and packaged up !!!!!!
hoodtight

Post by hoodtight »

This is really good. Reading it hooded in the rain layered in Paramo and Rohan- excited to meet Charles in the next episode!